Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Bae, to make 2300 people redundant soon,
  • simonm
    Free Member

Sounds like an opertunity for us, We are taking on skilled machine assemblers / fitters / Electricians and PLC engineers. We just lost a BAe trained guy back to the aurospace industry last Friday building engines somewhere.

Good luck to all effected.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

BAE are pretty good at making people “Redundant”

Perhaps there is some kind of fast planes proliferation treaty we don’t know about.

freddyg
    Free Member

Good luck folks.

Freddyg
    (at BAE, up the road in Barrow)

smoothchicken

Indeed, good luck to all those affected, our part of the business in the the mix and thankfully I’m not one of the ‘at risk’ people at the moment…

soobalias
    Free Member

what are the standard BAe redundancy terms like?
    1wk/yr service or more favourable?
    are any redundancys likely to be compulsory or managed via voluntary/wastage?

either way, ouch, my sympathies with all those facing an uncertain few months while its all worked out

exposed
    Free Member

It seems the only manufacturing left in the UK will be toys for the rich.

Rolls Royce £10m expansion

muggomagic

It seems the only manufacturing left in the UK will be toys for the rich.

Which is good, because I’m due to start work there next week.

Good luck to all affected at BAE.

spen1
    Free Member

@soobalias – 3 weeks for every year

Vortexracing

One thing that did come out today in the numbers we saw was that we have a ‘pleb to manager ratio’ of 1:5.

I was aware that the ratio was a bit on the wrong side but that was quite a shock to me.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Head Office is losing ~100 isn’t it? Our rates (at our place, at least) are so high it’s stopping us winning work now, just too expensive. But then we do lots of smaller <£1m contracts, which many other sites would consider not worth getting out of bed for!

Just as an aside this puzzled me!! BAE are still hiring contractors and even training them. I find this a bit ludicrous TBH.I did hear most of the jobs are going at Brough?? Today was told there are positions available and they would train from Pro E to Unigraphics and the hourly rate was in the high 30s.

*edit*Sorry Just re-read the new mail it say’s training Pro E to NX users

The logic is beyond ME.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

It’s only one business division that’s affected by these announcements – MAI. They (we!) do combat & training aircraft, reconnaissance a/c, Defence Informaition, Training, and UAVs.

There are still other business areas that need to acquire staff and their key skills though. Some of these projected losses will be mitigated by people moving business areas and/or locations.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

spen1 – have you been told its 3 weeks for every year, we were told it was still in consultation, although its been 3 weeks per year for the last 3 rounds of redundancies at our place.

wisepranker
    Free Member

the government has miss spent not over spent. Its like they spend 5 grand on a bike and its got a slx crank and tora forks.

That’s the best analogy I’ve ever read when it comes to government spending 😆

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

That anology only works if the end product included the first version of a type of new bike, which was subject to some of the most stringent security & safety requiremens at the same time, and had to meet 100 people’s usage requirements.

TSB – I think it’s just an assumption that’ll be the rate used.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Bae, to make 2300 people redundant soon,’ is closed to new replies.