Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • badminton players – shuttle choice
  • organic355
    Free Member

Hi

Just wondering what you guys use in the UK? Currently using standard blue (medium) synthetic, but was toying with the idea of trying out the fast(red) ones or even some feathers. Not sure what speed of feathers would be appropriate though?

I am a beginner/intermediate so not sure if its too early for the expense of feathers and reduced durability?

I am in Scotland if that makes any difference to the recommended speed over the rest of the UK?

Jamie
    Free Member

Beginner here. I bought some of the Yonex Mavis 300s Mediums from Argos for £8. Good fun to play with and I am really not at the level where I could tell/need the difference yet.

thebunk

Feathers tend to make the game a lot faster, but also more fun. Don’t use them if you’re not very accurate though, they fall apart after too many rim shots, and your partner may get annoyed.

This is in Bristol though, and I’m pretty advanced. They breed em tougher up North, so you may get away with it.

tang
    Free Member

Yonnex red with yellow flights.

Haze

Haven’t played in years but used either Yonex 300’s or blue Carlton’s with the cork insert.

Tried out a tube of the feather ones once, based on the theory that the added expense would be offset by the increased quality.

Good while they lasted, which wasn’t very long.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Ex league player here.

Blue Yonex…you don’t need anything else.

Feathers are nice once in a while, but get expensive if you use them regularly.

The clubs/league I’ve played with/in have only used blue.

donsimon
    Free Member

Generally played with red plastic if not then with anything that was available.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yonex Blue as said above fly true and pretty quick, feathers cant be beaten though but do get pricy, at the club I played with last year we got a deal on about 30 tubes of Ashaway shuttles, after about 30 mins we realised why we got a deal 😯 feathers everywhere looked like a turkey shoot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘badminton players – shuttle choice’ is closed to new replies.