Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Badgers under me deckin!
  • slightbreeze
    Free Member

So last night there was an almighty ruckus in the back garden, went out to investigate and found two badgers setting about each other after emerging from underneath my terrace.
    I think its pretty cool to have such wildlife in my garden but at the same time I am a bit concerned that they might be trying to set up residence under my decking, and as I have two young children I am a bit worried having them around.
    So any ideas of how to discourage them from hanging around the house and especially setting up under the terrace. I once heard that human hair placed outside discourages foxes, any tips are greatly appriciated. I think I will trying to board up around the decking to try and stop them getting underneath again.

Cheers

Slightbreeze

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Did either look like this one?

If so, I believe that not taking their threats of litigation seriously is often enough to discourage them.

tomhoward

Landmines.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hehehe 🙂

I was about to suggest putting a webcam down there with a live feed. Then you could make some ad revenue from the hits.

thepurist

Try putting a snake down there. Or a mushroom.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Is that some sort of euphemism?

z1ppy

Nope it’s.. badger badger badger, mushroom mushroom snake

AAAGH and finally..
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EIyixC9NsLI[/video]

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I’ve had beaver on my decking, thats all.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Was asking if the OP was a euphemism.

bearnecessities

Install something higher up the food chain under your decking, something that would eat anything including a badger. Like a seagull.

Of course you will need something that will then eat the seagull. Stick a Puma down there.

Eventually you’ll probably find your garden is stuffed with tigers and badger bones, but you’ll have won.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

pee

wwaswas

pee

although aiming it through the gaps between the boards without getting wet shoes from splashback might prove tricky.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Is it a honey badger?

maxlite
    Free Member

You need my Bedlington Terrier!

endurobadger
    Free Member

badgers are ace, keep em

Bunnyhop

young man the grammar police will be on to you – ‘Badgers under my decking’.

I love a badger, however they are hard to get onto the barbecue.

slightbreeze
    Free Member

I knew this was the right place to come for advice!
    I’ll have a few shandies tonight and go and pee on them, that should sort it.

brakes
    Free Member

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Badgers under me deckin!’ is closed to new replies.