• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mort.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Badger tales part 2. When badger strikes back…
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

About this time last year I was out with GW, formerly of this parish. We were riding along some Singletrack on the edge of a wood when I heard the fence wires twang and then my back wheel rode over the top of something my front wheel hadn’t. I stopped and looked round to see a startled Brock looking at me looking at it, then we both turned round to see GW fast approaching. The badger must have known GWs rep as he scurried off into the bushes double quick. Anyway fast forward a year and I was out last night with a couple of friends. I’d stopped to make a mechanical adjustment so was bringing up the rear on a fast flowy bit of Singletrack when I was distracted by some movement in the bushes. The next thing I knew I heard a thump and my back wheel was kicked out sideways from underneath me. It took me a fraction of a second to let out a yell, hit the deck hard, think “BADGER” and coming face to face with a grumpy badger may not be the best. I leapt to my feet but didn’t see Bill run off, just the bushes rustling again as he made his escape. Now I’m sure it was just an accident but part of me thinks the word might have gotten to Falkirk and this was a retaliatory hit and run effort. Watch out folks those badgers are sneeky. I could laugh about it if I wasn’t hurting so much.

Speshpaul

You are a marked man.

Sandwich

It wasn’t a hit. They use honey badgers for that and you’re still alive. That was a warning.

mrblobby
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

We had one jump out in front of us on a night ride down a walker’s trail at Glentress once- he was descending quicker than we were! I didn’t realise how fast they could shift.

amedias
    Free Member

Friend of mine got taken out by a Badger down here a year or so ago, he was following me through some tasty singletrack and I suddenly heard

‘Arrrgh! Badg…’ – thump!

from behind, went back to find him in a man-bike-tangle of a heap looking quite bemused, apparently it had run out in front of him and either just clipped his front wheel at the wrong moment, or he’d done a little swerve to try and miss it.

We are both still a bit wary on that corner now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

By the way, what happened to GW? Curious to know where people go when they leave here!

wwaswas

I got my front wheel taken out by a sheep once.

It ran across half a field to rejoin the flock after it spotted me and as I cycled along watching it I’d been doing that mental ‘judge speed and approach angle’ thing to make sure I avoided it.

Then it swerved at the last minute and clipped my front wheel, the git.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Is GW not reincarnate as JCL, the new obnoxious overlord of how to ride and design a bicycle?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

GW’s behaviour is being closely monitored and if he’s been good he’s allowed small amounts of Facebook time. Rumours are he’s getting a CX bike and going pro next year.

thegreatape
    Free Member

*disappointed that this is not the badger hoped for

hilldodger
    Free Member

*also dissapointed at lack of jizz spaffage

matt_outandabout

Just be glad we don’t have wolverines in the uk.

medoramas
    Free Member

Did you wear hi-viz vest and have spokes reflectors on the wheels? If not – don’t be so surprised. It was a typical Badger’s SMIDSY. 😆

devs
    Free Member

We don’t need no steenking badgers.
    I followed one for about 2 miles along an old railway track one night. He just jogged along slowly refusing to get out of my way. I wasn’t brave enough to try pass him. When he did eventually pull off into a side trail I sang the Badgers Badgers song to him, at which point he turned around and growled and started to chase me!

belugabob
    Free Member

It was probably just subliminal advertising for a well know brand of beer.

If you were on a cheeky trail, it was probably a special promotion for “Poacher’s Choice”

😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The way he nutted my back wheel I think he may have been the more radge Glasgae badger.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Dude – you said you were near Falkirk. That’s wore than a weedge badger.

Edric64
    Free Member

A mate got taken down by a deer in broad daylight in Cheddar Gorge .Buggered his front wheel and broke his nose.The deer ran off !

myopic
    Free Member

There’s a reason they’re called badgers and not goodgers.

IGMC

woody2000

Badger

Mort
    Free Member

Been absent from here for a few years and I’ve come back to find …..

Badgers, penguins and white sticky stuff!
    Yay!
    That’s the STW Threads of legend I’ve been missing…. 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Badger tales part 2. When badger strikes back…’ is closed to new replies.