Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bad Vibration
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

I swapped wheels on a steel hardtail the other day. I’m now getting a really bad buzzing from the rear at certain speeds on hard surfaces – can feel it and hear it. It’s pretty bad but does disappear if I slow or speed up, but seems to be at a speed at which I otherwise feel comfortable! It’s not affected by cadence, I’ve checked the cassette is tight, etc. Any ideas what might it might be?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

‘kayyyy….. would it be possible the tyre is causing it??? Intense c3…

scaredypants

normal tyre “rumble” always seems worse the slower I go, rather than happening at a specific mid-speed. It’s also never major IME (would never expect the bike to “shake” or owt).

the wheel’s true and the tyre is seated properly on it ?

tinsy
    Free Member

Is the tube twisted inside the tyre?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

It’s way worse than a rumble – a real tingle reaching the parts you don’t want it to!
    I’ll check a few bits and pieces. I’ll try another tyre on it too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

sounds good to me, can i borrow for the evening for some, erm further investigations……

oldgrump08
    Free Member

sorry bigyinn, changed the tyre and solved it. if you want to buy the source of the vibes – the Intense (very appropriate) tyre – let me know. Wouldn’t have thought it would be a guy’s turn on, but…. well in the interests of good taste I’ll leave it there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bad Vibration’ is closed to new replies.