Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bad times: RC helicopter content
  • emma82
    Free Member

So, spanky bought a new, bigger helicopter on Saturday. Took it out for it’s maiden flight Sunday. All was going well for about 5 minutes until something started smoking and stopped ((ahem))) working. On closer inspection there was flames an everyfink. I actually felt a bit bad for my outrageous lol. It’s been returned for repair. Spanky pants is not a happy bunny and no amount of lolcatz is gonna make it better 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Enjoy the moment and have a good laugh

nuke

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

Cougar

Luminous
    Free Member

Enjoy the moment and have a good laugh

Then move on.

I’ve seen your posts, you’re not happy with the RC helicopter thing.
    And I’d dare say that now its established, its not going to subside and evaporate. Its more likely to grow.

Or, stick with it, and in twenty years time, you can be sat out the back of your estate car in the middle of some windy field, knitting or something.
    And he’ll be playing with his mates, all playing with their Choppers…. 😉

😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiETpisLBig[/video]

PeteG55
    Free Member

dave_aber
    Free Member

I’ve had some right royal accidents with mine.

A raptor 50 and a flight box do not mix well when one is trying to land, and the other is trying to be an “immovable object”.

Lots of schrapnel and LOL-ing later, and I have a – ahem – “custom profiled” flight box.

Flat receiver battery resulted in a £800 raptor hanging in a disheveled manner in an industrial fence.

I was winning the “stack it in” league amongst my RC heli pals for a while, before I learned how to fly the damn things.

Scary beasts eh?

Drac

CountZero

sweepy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F2k-GWKW-w&feature=related[/video]

could have been worse

Luminous
    Free Member

Sweepy.

If I’d have been on board that, then I’d have finished the pilot for that stupidness.

At a place I once worked, there was a guy who had been bitten by the RC heliocoptery bug.
    I guess the only way his kids were going to spend any quality time with their father was to go watch him fly his RC helicopter.
    All was going well one day until he temporarily lost control of the RCH and nearly decapitated one of his nippers.

That gave him a wake up call !.

aracer
    Free Member

My kids love my helis, but I’m certainly a lot more careful with them around (I won’t fly my slightly bigger ones inside with them there – they’re not really that dangerous compared to the bigger beasts, but unlike the little toys it does hurt if one hits you).

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m waiting for my RC Heli to arrive! No doubt I will be posting on this topic next week, when I crash!

titusrider
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a good online retailer, Im after a new E-SKY CP2 Lipoly and Heliguy and buzzflyer are out of stock.

Milkie
    Free Member

Couple of batteries on Fleabay.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I was pleased to see RC copters mentioned in the current issue’s editorial

Made me chuckle

pacemaker
    Free Member
    emma82
    Free Member

I forgot I started this! Well it’s been repaired so will be home tonight for a trial run over the weekend if it’s not too wet
    One thing you can always guarantee with helicopters, the real ones or the toys is that when they crash it’s pretty spectacular! 😯

nbt

Now *this* is a cool use of an RC Heli.

http://www.diyphotography.net/photographer-rigs-a-canon-7d-to-an-rc-helicopter

wonder if it’s been used for an MTB film yet? Anyone fancy trying it?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

wonder if it’s been used for an MTB film yet?

Yes it has – think there were some vids on this very site a few weeks back – including a ‘didn’t quite make it back safe and dry’ blooper!

BoardinBob

Now *this* is a cool use of an RC Heli.

http://www.diyphotography.net/photographer-rigs-a-canon-7d-to-an-rc-helicopter
    wonder if it’s been used for an MTB film yet? Anyone fancy trying it?

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s nice to be reminded that some other hobbies are far more expensive and pointless than MTBing.

Milkie
    Free Member

I forgot I started this! Well it’s been repaired so will be home tonight for a trial run over the weekend if it’s not too wet

Wish I knew what was wrong with my new one… Damn thing keeps beeping at me! On a good note, my old/other heli is currently being repaired ready to be crashed tonight! :mrgreen:

aracer
    Free Member

It’s nice to be reminded that some other hobbies are far more expensive and pointless than MTBing.

How do you mean? I’ve spent thousands on bikes, hundreds on kit, and lots on fuel any time I go for a ride away from my home patch. Have only spent a few hundred on helis (my most expensive heli is still cheaper than either of my MTB shoes/road shoes/helmet) and can fly them inside or on the local playing field. I suppose I might not be so seriously into helis, but you’d have to really go some to match just the average bike spend on here.

You do have a point about the pointlessness though.

Milkie
    Free Member

you’d have to really go some to match just the average bike spend on here.

I’m not sure on that! I’ve seen a nice RC Heli for £11K, half decent electric heli £450, decent nitro heli £1K+… very similar prices to bikes, its just the amount of accessories is nowhere near the same amount as MTB’ing.

It really does depend how much you are into your hobby/priorities and how much you can afford!

As for pointlessness, its only pointless if it doesn’t do anything for you. 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bad times: RC helicopter content’ is closed to new replies.