Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • bad parenting and the news
  • revs1972
    Free Member

My daughter is five and it’s still a 50:50 chance whether I get to have a dump in peace!

Yep, I know that feeling,
    Sh*tting with an audience is not something they mention in the parenting books is it

cynic-al
    Free Member

“save” as of he was about to mb die.

Slow news day/folks with too much time on their hands…Inc the op, who does seem to have gone quiet.

nealglover
    Free Member

You’d have to be a bit of an idiot not to anchor furniture like that with small kids.

And that would teach them it’s safe to climb on stuff.

Meanwhile they would need to live their entire lives locked inside my perfect “safety house” because virtually nobody else in the world fixes low furniture to the wall.

phil40
    Free Member

Nothing is fixed to the walls with our furniture! By the time I have constructed the s@@@@@@ thing it is a ball ache too far to start messing about with raw plugs and screws! Both children currently still breathing, although I am not in the same room as them

funkmasterp

I can’t believe the bad parenting being admitted to on here. As soon as my son was born I constructed a suit made of velcro for myself and have had him attached to me since then. 😉

We thought we’d made our living room as safe as possible for Funkmaster Jr. Surprised me when he had just turned two and I left the room to grab a nappy. Came back in and he was sat behind the fire guard grinning at me and playing with fire wood. He can scale everything 😯

GrahamS

Sh*tting with an audience is not something they mention in the parenting books is it

Pretty sure there was a whole chapter on it in this one

GrahamS

OzzyMan Reviews version of the rescue vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG759Vsg0R4

(Warning: Not embedded because it is sweary as usual).

Jamie
    Free Member

Slow news day/folks with too much time on their hands…Inc the op, who does seem to have gone quiet.

Some say he is trapped under the weight of his own self righteous indignation……or a wardrobe. Who knows, those things are death traps apparently.

andyg1966

For advice on suitable fixing systems,
    contact your local specialized dealer.

” Specialized you are a disgrace ”

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter if your 5 or 25 – same thing happened to me when I was 25.
    Mind you there’s no evidence of empty cans, wine bottles and a hilariously misplaced pizza box in the vid so they really don’t have any excuse.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I suspect most parents (including us) have had that “Oh shit! What if?” moment. Good for the parents (despite the inevitable abuse) sharing this video to encourage people to secure furniture. From the BBC story:

“Parents Kayli and Ricky, from Utah in the United States, were hesitant to share the video, but did so in order to spread awareness about the importance of bolting down furniture.”

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘bad parenting and the news’ is closed to new replies.