Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bad ideas?
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I stumbled over this this morning

http://pardo.net/bike/pic/mobi/index.html

And it got me wandering – how many of us have our own story to tell about:

*poor product design
    *crazy ideas with dubious benefits
    *the total failure of sense or engineering
    *total marketing bullocks

I worked in a shop that stocked those Roval wheels, could see they were junk/crazy engineering from looking at the flange [mmm, flange] spacing!

My personal comedy experience was with an old Bikehut front light. It had the whole front section, lens and housing, all made from clear lens plastic.

It looked cool, and it was a good beam pattern from the lens, but it let loads of light out – upwards! So, as you rode in the dark, you always had a bright light at the bottom of your peripheral vision, ruining your night-vision 🙂 🙂 🙂

Anyone owned the items in the website’s list?

Please, I hope no owners of the Z-cranks! I expect a lot from the Singletrack massive

ton

not sure if it is a bad design, but one thing always suprises me.
    mountainbike tyres, for bikes that are gonna be ridden on rocks, shail, slate, slag heaps, scree runs, mud, slurry, roots and all over kind of rough ground, that come with toilet paper thin sidewalls.
    what ferking use is all that then?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

ton has a good point there. Really annoying to have a virtually brand new tyre rendered fit for the bin with the slightest of contact with a bit of flint on the sidewall

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

You’re holding it wrong, I mean, it’s the wrong sort of stones to ride on 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

paper thin tyres – because people need a measurement before buying things (lighter = better)
    Roval Wheels fixing the issue of xc weight for AM riders – forgetting to make them strong enough – saw one snapped here took 3 months to get new spokes & rebuild (this may be due to the local spec dealer being a heap of ****)
    ISIS more axle less bearing 🙁
    Whyte & Marin because butt ugly is missing from mountain biking
    CB Dropper Kronlog Post nuff said

bencooper
    Free Member

Any bottom bracket that’s not square taper.
    Any headset that’s not 1 1/8″

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bad ideas?’ is closed to new replies.