Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Bad email response to Dangerous Driving
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

You missed a line out you imbecile

Berkshire Carpets and Blinds
    See how they drive
    See how they drive
    They attacked a man on a bicycle
    And their carpets are thinner than cheap vinyl
    So avoid them now out of principle

aracer
    Free Member

Am I the only person who doesn’t really see the issue with the response?

Probably, but then you should be used to having a different view to everybody else on here regarding dangerous driving around cyclists.

(3) He’s right – if everyone reported every idiot on the road we would never do any work.

So the reported incident of bad driving is no worse than anything else which you see every day? The sort of thing we should just ignore? I’m so glad we have attitudes like that within the legal system.

(4) He’s right – there are some stupid cyclists on the road too.

Yes, and some stupid pedestrians, stupid shop assistants, stupid judges, stupid policemen. All just about equally relevant to this incident. Do you really not see a problem with the way he suggests he’s not all that bothered about his driver endangering a cyclist because a minority of other cyclists ride badly?

(5) He’s probably right – most people are interested in how quick and how cheap he can fit a carpet not whether someone in lycra got a fright on his way there.

Or maybe people are also interested in whether the tradesman they’re employing has a good attitude towards other people?

All the people linking to him are doing is increasing the ranking of HIS site, so driving business to HIM.

Wrong.

Oh I nearly forgot to mention that I’m talking about Berkshire Carpets and Blinds here. Somewhere you wouldn’t ever choose to buy carpets or blinds from.

project
    Free Member

Obviously the van driver was a kwik fitting carpet fitter on his way to a job,before the customer drew the blinds on him and if he had of hit the cyclist it would have been curtains for the cyclist and for the drivers job.

I can see this thread drawing to a close like curtains when it goes dark soon.

MarkN
    Free Member

This brings back memories of a Disco in Pompey.

btbb – Member

Would this be relevant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HD0QGnIXGU

May be the same driver or may be Gary Cox of Berkshire Carpets and Blinds. It is not the same van as OP had experienced.

Why are people like this allowed on the roads and why do they not give some more room. It must make no difference to when they get to destination.

edlong
    Free Member

Isn’t that “ooh look it’s on page 1 of google” thing only readers here anyway, i.e. google ranks results based on your online habits, so STW hits will be higher on your google search than ‘normal’ anyway?

scaled
    Free Member

Yeah, thats why we test it with incognito windows 😀

edlong
    Free Member

ahhhh, clever…..

leffeboy

problem is that if the url for his site gets repeated too many times on a page google will disregard it.

better off puttign some other carpet and blind related content on this thread so that the rankings for those products are also affected.

Wwaswas knows job. The guy has done too good a job one seo already to easily get up there. There for you might want to try using a phrase like Berkshire carpets and blinds review that people are likely to type into a search engine rather than just the name of the company and their site. People pay folks to sit and generate lots of links from sites and forums (no spammers here ever) so Google have algorithms to ignore the obvious stuff as well 🙁

butcher

I bet the majority of the potential customers for this guy couldn’t care less about the incident described…

Really? If I was hiring someone I’d rather they wern’t a tosser.

If he shows that kind of consideration to strangers on the road, how’s he gonna treat his customers?

I won’t be going to Berkshire Carpets and Blinds in a hurry.

Actually gets picked up better by search engines using an anchor text link like above. You could add dangerous driving onto the end of it but I better not. Someone else here could….

😉

Cougar

I think that trying to influence search engine results is in bad form so I won’t be taking part, I’ll just be sitting here Reading the comments.

Hopefully we can get to the underlaying issue here rather than skirting around the topic. I’d hate for the mods to inflict a carpet ban on the discussion as that would really pull the rug from under the campaign.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m off for a shag, pile on the criticism if you must.

kcr
    Free Member

Really? If I was hiring someone I’d rather they wern’t a tosser.

Me too, but where you or I, as cyclists, might regard the reported behaviour and email response as very poor, I don’t think it would even register as an issue with your average carpet buying punter. In fact there is probably a substantial minority of people who think someone having a go at a cyclist is a good bloke…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Whaaaaaaaaatttttt???

wwaswas

Cougar – Moderator

Whaaaaaaaaatttttt???

he’s got a prefect badge!

was there an announcement in assembly that I missed?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mind you he’s a good candidate seeing as he comments on every thread, has acerbic wit and doesn’t appear to have time to do proper work.

Now the cougar, what’s your views on classifieds abusers?

wwaswas

I thought there was a lot more lurk involved in moderating.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What, as in good lurk?

wwaswas

more in a hooded claw style;

boltonjon

Great example of power to the people!

lucien

I’m moving to reading, and need new flooring – Thanks for the headsup on carpet fitters

andrewh – Member
    As a slight digression, why are people writing
    Web: http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk
    Tel: 0118 907 8799
    email: enquiries@berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk
    ?
    The telephone number looks really odd to me, I would always put
    Tel: 01189 078799
    Used to puzzle me when I lived in Reading, why do the locals write the number oddly? I notice Brummies do it too, 0121-4xx xxxx rather than 01214 xxxxxx.
    Anyway, when I was living in Reading I never needed any carpets or blinds so never called or emailed
    Tel: 0118 907 8799

POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Whenever I am on the pushy, several drivers annoy me with their cr@p driving, red light running, thinking the footpath is a road and inconsiderate behaviour to others.

Whenever I am in the car, several cyclists annoy me with their cr@p riding, red light running, thinking the footpath is a road and inconsiderate behaviour to others.

Cougar

Whaaaaaaaaatttttt???

I wondered how long that’d take. (-: Now, behave your bloody selves, I’m polishing Mjolnir.

Cougar

Now the cougar, what’s your views on classifieds abusers?

Obviously, people must follow the forum terms and conditions.

I feel dirty just typing that.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You need to think very carefully about what you just posted.

And then hang your head in shame.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sold out to “the man” 😮

aracer
    Free Member

Cougar deserves a severe carpeting. I can’t believe he’s completely blind to the implications of what he’s posted.

Cougar

Sold out to “the man”

No, I’m just taking them down from the inside.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

I can’t believe he’s completely blind to the implications of what he’s posted.

I think my windows knowledge is fairly well documented.

wwaswas

In the tent weeing out 🙂

ryderredman
    Free Member

I cant believe that I live up north and commute in so I never have to fear the wrath of:

http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk

OR EVEN

BERKSHIRECARPETSANDBLINDS

NOT TO MENTION

berkshire carpets and blinds

BUT IF I NEEDED TO CONTACT THEM

Is their telephone 0118 907 8799 ?

WHY YES IT IS

… and email enquiries@berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nudge for the next day!

dhyetiman
    Free Member

I have to say the carpets I got when I was in Berkshire, whilst not from reading and Berkshire carpets and blinds, or http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk/ were of a very poor quality, they must think I’m blind, there was and underlay issue of A carpet ban on blind fitters driving the vans!!

I shall never use http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk/ total disrespect for other people’s safety, not to mention the poor poor attitude of my cox, I think he is being a bit blind about the whole situation

dabble
    Free Member

blinds and carpets in berkshire review? doubt geoff cox would enjoy this much.

bokonon
    Free Member

This is only a disappointing page 4 on google when you search for Berkshire Carpets and Blinds however, if you search for the website http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk/ then this comes up as the 2nd and 3rd hit… more work on the berkshire carpets and blinds needed.

Cougar

<mod>

Amusing though it may be, please try not to say anything that’s going to get someone sued, hey guys?

</mod>

bigyinn
    Free Member

You’ve changed maaaan!

zilog6128

This is only a disappointing page 4 on google when you search for Berkshire Carpets and Blinds however, if you search for the website http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk/ then this comes up as the 2nd and 3rd hit… more work on the berkshire carpets and blinds needed.

Bizarrely if you google “berkshirecarpetsandblinds” (with the quotes) rather than

or indeed

berkshire carpets and blinds

the number one hit is a bikeradar thread with only 3 posts. How does that work then?

aracer
    Free Member

</mod>

I’m afraid that’s not a valid tag.

leanlanky
    Free Member

I see Mr.Cox’s Berkshire Carpets and Blinds facebook page is still up. 1 like and several interesting comments. He obviously has been to preoccupied to check it. There is a direct link from his website:

You know, that place in Reading, Berkshire, where you can get carpets and blinds and floor coverings etc.

asterix
    Free Member

Berkshire carpets for the blind?

leanlanky
    Free Member

Just noticed I got post number 118. Mr.Geoff Cox of Berkshire Carpets and Blinds, we’ve got your number.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Bad email response to Dangerous Driving’ is closed to new replies.