• This topic has 41 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Bad driving on the M-way – worth reporting?
  • DezB
    Free Member

I think I know the answer – yes or maybe… no.

However, this taxi was driving so badly that I got my passenger to take a photo. Every manoeuvre he did cut someone up causing them to brake (including me, hard!) and in the back he had a pretty frightened looking woman clutching a small child!

Fergetaboutdit?

wwaswas

report it to the police and whichever council the car is licenced with.

they’re supposed to be a professional driver and better than average.

sbob
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Sorry.

mintimperial

they’re supposed to be a professional driver and better than average

Hahahahaha! Brilliant…

DezB
    Free Member

they’re supposed to be a professional driver and better than average

Anyone carrying a woman and child certainly should be!

martinhutch

Yes, all of the minicab drivers I’ve ever come across show exemplary car-handling skills and consideration for other road users.

Report the bugger, but unless he has a small child embedded in his radiator grille, you may not get anywhere.

portlyone

More worried you think that’s a motorway…

wwaswas

I did think it might be a contentious statement 🙂

Sussex Police have a ‘report a bad driver’ page on their website. Not sue what they do but I think they contact the driver and if there’s multiple reports they investigate further.

DezB
    Free Member

More worried you think that’s a motorway…

Hmm, what do you think it is? (before I prove you wrong and make you look a bit stupid)?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll do it anyway. See the BLUE bits: motorway 🙂

johnellison
    Free Member

I’ve reported taxis in the past to the relevant local authorities. As long as you can provide the licence number to them they will usually do something.

tarquin
    Free Member

But the signage indicates its an A road, green sign for the slip road.

Other sign correlates this saying it is the A27 at that point. If it was the M27 then it would say that and have a blue slip road sign……

stevepitch
    Free Member

Report the git, being an employee of a LA I know that we take a very dim view of bad driving and will usually pull the driver in for interview pending witness statements and if neccassary, ban the git.

Saying that though, some authorities don’t give a toss which is a shame 😡

DezB
    Free Member

tarquin – Member

Hey, I wasn’t the one who started the pedantry…

portlyone

Technically, it’s a trunk road at that marker post.

Your photo was taken 100m before the motorway 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

DezB – Member

I got my passenger to take a photo.

😉

martymac

+1 for make a written complaint to taxi firm.
    im a bus driver, if someone made a complaint about me, the absolute minimum that would happen would be an interview and threatened with the sack, and thats with no other evidence at all, apart from the complaint.
    if cctv or greenroad* provided extra evidence of an inappropriate driving style it would be written warning, day suspension, possibly a day on the training bus.
    *greenroad is a gps enabled device which measures acceleration/braking /turning events and records speed via gps too.

piemonster

Brilliant, I needed a laugh.

DezB
    Free Member

Police have replied – my report is being forwarded to the roads unit.

+1 for make a written complaint to taxi firm
    Impossible to tell who they work for.

martymac

local council will be able to tell via number plate.

miketually
    Free Member

im a bus driver, if someone made a complaint about me, the absolute minimum that would happen would be an interview and threatened with the sack, and thats with no other evidence at all, apart from the complaint.

I reported a bus driver for badly overtaking a cyclist. The company figured out who the driver was and, because it was the first report, reminded him of his responsibilities and put it on file. They also said he’d be targeted by undercover inspectors to check his driving.

I also reported a car that aggressively overtook me, to the police. They couldn’t do anything directly, but did a search on the reg number and placed the incident on file. They said another report would trigger a visit.

miketually
    Free Member

If the female passenger was scared, she might also report the driver. Your report gives more evidence.

mrmo
    Free Member

I also reported a car that aggressively overtook me, to the police. They couldn’t do anything directly, but did a search on the reg number and placed the incident on file. They said another report would trigger a visit.

done this about a few cars and the response was basically as above. Did get a PC ring me on one occasion for a few more details and he said he would pop round and have a chat with the driver, no idea if he did or was just saying that?

DezB
    Free Member

By the way, the policeman who replied spelt ‘Thanks’ thusly : “Thank’s”.
    Should I reply in a STW fashion? 😀

globalti
    Free Member

The reason why you never see Police cars on patrol nowadays is that they are now relying on the Public to report bad or dangerous driving to them by ‘phone or on the web. Reports get logged on the PNC and the next time the car is seen by a Police car equipped with ANPR they will get stopped for a chat and a check. More than three reports will earn them a home visit so it’s ALWAYS worth reporting bad driving. We do it all the time in our street and we have dealt with a couple of habitual speeders in this way.

DezB
    Free Member

I couldn’t possibly report all the bad driving I see on my short commute! This bloke was particularly bad though.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

…in the back he had a pretty frightened looking woman clutching a small child!

Which in itself is illegal surely?

Edit: Just checked, apparently OK. How bizarre.

stevied
    Free Member

We do it all the time in our street and we have dealt with a couple of habitual speeders in this way

How would you go about doing this? We’ve got a few idiots who use our road (by a high school) as a racetrack…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

being an employee of a LA I know that we take a very dim view of bad driving

No they don’t; they deny everything.

As for the Plod, I was hit by a car on the M62; he refused to stop. I had pics, I reported it, I filled in a 26 page document and 3 months later they said they had ‘insufficient evidence’ to do anything.

Which is plodspeak for ‘too lazy’

Woody
    Free Member

Pity your ‘passenger’ couldn’t have had/used the video function on their phone as a photo proves very little.

sbob
    Free Member

DezB – Member

By the way, the policeman who replied spelt ‘Thanks’ thusly : “Thank’s”.
    Should I reply in a STW fashion?

Nah, that’s correct; it’s a contraction of “thank yoos!”.
    HTH.
    😀

higgo
    Free Member

If the female passenger was scared, she might also report the driver.

If he ever lets her free.

sbob
    Free Member

ScottChegg – Member

No they don’t; they deny everything.

As for the Plod, I was hit by a car on the M62; he refused to stop. I had pics, I reported it, I filled in a 26 page document and 3 months later they said they had ‘insufficient evidence’ to do anything.

Which is plodspeak for ‘too lazy’

You had pics of the accident or of the resultant damage?
    I’m guessing you had 3rd party witnesses as well, or was it your word against his? 💡
    Not saying the police are perfect, but the aggrieved often have an unrealistic expectation of what the police can do.

thx1138
    Free Member

Other sign correlates this saying it is the A27 at that point. If it was the M27 then it would say that and have a blue slip road sign……

You don’t get out much, do you?

DezB
    Free Member

Pity your ‘passenger’ couldn’t have had/used the video function on their phone as a photo proves very little.

People doubting I had a passenger? Same bloke I give a crossbar to when I ride the bike in 😉

Anyway, how could you catch a multiple offender on video – start videoing every car on their first incident and predict that they will do more? Or wait until they’ve done a few shit manoeuvres and then start filming? Have a think about that one eh? 🙂

wwaswas

you need a dashboard cam app on your phone…

aracer
    Free Member

Photo actually taken here: http://goo.gl/maps/V1PaB – not quite where it was claimed and not a motorway. Hope we’ve cleared that one up now?

wwaswas

It was several yards further along than that, surely? Possibly as many as 10.

aracer
    Free Member

Probably between that Streetview picture and the next one in the sequence, yes 🙄

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Not saying the police are perfect, but the aggrieved often have an unrealistic expectation of what the police can do.

Not stopping or failing to report an accident is an offence. Driving an uninsured vehicle is an offence. Driving a car that is SORN is an offence.

Plenty of things for a rozzer to have a go at.

If they could be arsed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Bad driving on the M-way – worth reporting?’ is closed to new replies.