Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bad dream
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Got woken up about an hour ago by a bad dream in which my parents and I returned from holiday to find our house had been burgled. I don’t live with my parents any more, and it wasn’t our house either but that’s dreams for you.

Since being burgled and attempted burgled, I often get a bit of nervousness at night along these lines… Security arrangements are a lot better than they were though. I’m considering CCTV to snap the buggers as they loiter about the place. Dunno if it would make me feel better tho knowing what was going on during the night rather than just wondering about it.

ski
    Free Member

I know how you feel, had the same thing after we were broken into.

I always had to double check rooms before going to bed thinking there might be someone lurking in there.

It did not help that the scum came back 6 weeks latter, but this time they set off the garage alarm I had fitted and all I saw was a low loader van speed off down our road.

Fitted a alarm to all windows and doors, can be isolated upstairs/downstairs, now sleep like a log 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I set the garage alarm now at night, but we don’t have the house alarmed. I am considering it tho.

Anyone else use cameras in their homes?

Pook

only in the bedroom

;o)

jimmy

I didn’t lock my bike up in the garage after a ride on Saturday and then dreamt that it had been nicked that night. I haven’t been down to check if its still there yet…

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Get a dog? (only if you can look after it obviously).

molgrips
    Free Member

Bah. Dogs.

sv

GNARGNAR

Gnasher useful then?

coffeeking
    Free Member

We’ve always alarmed our garage and house at night, I know people who only alarm the house when they leave it, which I find odd. When I moved out of my parents place I donated a 4 channel motion detecting CCTV system to them, as multiple cases of random criminal damage were occuring up and down the road and every time the police were desperate for CCTV footage so they could identify who was doing it. Whenever I stay there I still leave a bedroom window locked open and sleep within arms length of a hefty weights bar, I’m not sure what I’d do but I’d love the chance to catch one of the little blighters.

Flaperon

£200 quid gets you a hard disk CCTV system and a couple of wireless cameras. We set it up at my gran’s old house while it was empty.

I went up there after a couple of weeks to look at the recording (now that’s boring, even at 64x), and on the first day two very dodgy looking women started poking around the house.

One of them spotted the camera in the window (along with the very conspicuous box next to it), and after a panicked conversation with her chum they both scarpered.

molgrips
    Free Member

When people tried again to burgle us but only succeeded in waking us up, I grabbed a dressing gown and ran downstairs, forced open the door (which had been tied up) and stood out in the road looking for burglars. I had no idea what I was going to do but I just did it on auto-pilot. Similar to the other thread about road rage, but I guess it’s more about home defence rather than revenge.

There are a few night-vision motion activated cameras that save to flash or upload to the web for a modest amount of cash. I’d like to get one since there’s evidence of people snooping about but I don’t know where to hide one so it’s not visible and protected from the weather. Weatherproof ones are hundreds, and massively conspicuous.

Conor
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Bah. Dogs.

Surely you are thinking of sheep?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh go on then, I woke up in a cold sweat tonight. I logged onto STW and all the threads had been started by molgrips. It was some crazy being John Malkovich inspired nightmare…

scaredypants

“cold sweat” – I thought you always wrapped up warm during dreams TSY ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hahahahahaaaaa when you sweat in suede you know you’re having a really bad night!

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i got burgled a while back, laptop etc gone , didnt phone the cops though just got some shady characters from my past life to get my stuff back and make sure they weren’t coming back for the bikes

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bad dream’ is closed to new replies.