Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Bad day at the Clairvoyant.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I called him Ahmed because that is what I thought his real name is.

Unfortunately, I had mis-remembered it from bullheart’s old “Just Giving” page. His real name is actually “Aziz”.

However, whether or not I had got his name right, I fail to see how calling someone by their name can be construed as racist.

Apologise.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I know it’s true, have spent a lifetime in the company of various bits of my family who to greater or lessor degree have this gift. My Gran, she never used it other than amongst us light heartedly with the tea leaves until one time when she went very pale and two days later my Grandad died, but like lots of folk who have it they do not do anything with it and thus do not raise the Witch burning lynch mob such that is present here this very day.

I’m not sure if you’re having a laugh or you’re serious. If it’s the later, that’s freaking worrying, what with this being 2013 and all. Or are you contacting us from the dead? You’re not Napoleon are you?

Cougar

The only reason I can see for you to call him Ahmed when that isn’t his name is a derogatory one. One based on race.

Ah. I’ve called Woppit on this before. He asserts that’s his real name; my understanding is different, but I’ve no proof either way. Ironically.

EDIT – based on his intermediate edit, it would seem this is a mistake. Again, I’ve no way of verifying this, so it’s difficult to call from a Moderatorial perspective.

Do me a favour and don’t do it again?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Aziz” is how he refers to himself, according to Mark Alker. Again, and this is also for “Cougar” – how on earth is it racist to refer to someone by their name?

Both of you need a reality check, in my opinion.

And I still want an apology.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

yossarian, I feel you’ve misunderstood racism entirely. I call my local corner shop owner Mr.Patel (Or Apu)to others, because for the life of me I can never remember his real (and complicated) surname. I go out of my way to use his shop, so it’s certainly not through racism. It’s a jovial colloquialism. Racism must have INTENT.

crikey
    Free Member

Like a car crash, this thread…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That’s what happens when you get falsely accused in public.

Cougar

Both of you need a reality check, in my opinion.

And you need an attitude check, in mine. Guess we’ll have to agree to differ, hey?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, in case you missed it.

Earl
    Free Member

I say a fortune teller many years ago.

After 1.5 hours, I went to pay her – basically she cost all the notes in my wallet. She saw that, and said ‘I’ should ‘NEVER’ have no money on me and she didn’t charge me at all! We are probably talking £100 in today’s money that she didn’t take from me for what she believed.

whitegoodman – thanks for sharing

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, in case you missed it.

That’s big of you, but I really don’t care. I am massively offended. How dare you.

yossarian
    Free Member

I called him Ahmed because that is what I thought his real name is.
    Unfortunately, I had mis-remembered it from bullheart’s old “Just Giving” page. His real name is actually “Aziz”.
    However, whether or not I had got his name right, I fail to see how calling someone by their name can be construed as racist.
    Apologise.

Hmm…if you genuinely made a mistake then I acknowledge your error and mine. You did come across as a bit of an old racist at the time though and you didn’t correct it at the time. Which struck me as odd.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Weasel words. Drivel. I did not make any mistake – I referred to someone by their name. That is clear.

Apologise.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

as a bit of an old racist at the time

You really are beneath contempt.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Hold on there woppit, you know full well what his real name is, you used it when you contacted him on stwargue. I called you out at the time on the thread that yossarian linked to, but you didn’t respond.

Cougar

Oh, I’ve really had enough of this.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Bad day at the Clairvoyant.’ is closed to new replies.