Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Bad day at the Clairvoyant.
  • whitegoodman
    Free Member

I’m not entirely sure why I’m sharing this with y’all, but there will be some no doubt that could benefit by such an experience particularly those recently bereaved, but in my case she brought back stuff yesterday that I had long buried in the deepest recesses of my mind.

I haven’t visited one for many years, relying on my own judgement to get through life, but I’ve got a bit of a crossroads in my life, so I thought I’d see what’s round the corner, but wasn’t prepared for what she delivered and all the folk she brought back to visit, including my dog, perfectly described and she sat him there next to me, which was bad enough but nothing I couldn’t handle….. then she fetched in my son, been in pieces ever since..

scotroutes

Trolling was so much more subtle before The Great Hack.

lucien

I see no future in his thread…….

wrecker
    Free Member

If this is real and the OP is really struggling; go see a doctor.
    If this is a troll, it is horrific. There is a chap on here who lost his son recently.

althepal

Hmm. If I was having problems deciding something big I’d be speaking to my family or friends to get their perspective before even thinking about going to a clairvoyant for advice.
    Actually, I wouldn’t go at all to be honest.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

passtherizla
    Free Member

Wrecker and althepal +1 I’m sceptical to say the least and the type of person that seems to go are often easily lead weak minded people IME of parents friends etc. it’s a load of old tosh.

whitegoodman
    Free Member

Hmm had a feeling it was a mistake, sharing this, sometimes there are things you don’t want to share with family and friends because of the fear that the worry might upset them which was precisely the reason for seeking an alternate viewpoint, a viewpoint in the case of a really gifted person with clear sight and extra dimension of being able to see what’s ahead.

That’s the reason to go, but what you have to be prepared for and I guess I wasn’t, was what occurred and we have lost a son, it was long ago now, but as you have probably already been made aware through countless other examples, pain like that doesn’t go away, so you don’t need reminding of it.

Anyway apologies for bothering y’all and if you take anything from this, just accept the warning that as well as good info, sometimes these folk deliver bad stuff you’d sooner not want regurgitated.

kimbers

passtherizla
    Free Member

If it gives you comfort then all good y’all…

bencooper
    Free Member

Derek Acorah once offered to fight me. True story.

Anyhow, perhaps if it’s helped you that’s a good thing, but never forget they are all cynical, manipulative people only after your money – you’d be far better off talking to a professional.

passtherizla
    Free Member

You’d be better off talking to a cactus.

binners

I think the people you need to be talking too are what most people refer too as ‘friends’

whitegoodman
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    Derek Acorah once offered to fight me. True story.

Anyhow, perhaps if it’s helped you that’s a good thing, but never forget they are all cynical, manipulative people only after your money – you’d be far better off talking to a professional.

A professional? A professional what? Don’t tell me counsellor, my sister in law is a counsellor, I wouldn’t ask that woman the time of day and it’s a travesty she is licensed to advise and counsel others with her pathetic life experience or lack of it.

As to them all being cynical, manipulative, that’s like saying all STW posters are nobs, they’re not only a few, the ones that make most noise, there are a lot of genuinely gifted people, you just have to seek them out.

eskay

You’d be better off talking to a cactus.

Post of the week!

crikey
    Free Member

there are a lot of genuinely gifted people

How much did you pay to be upset by being told things that you already knew by someone who has manipulated you into thinking they have some special power?

Tragic.

Cougar

Hmm had a feeling it was a mistake, sharing this

Assuming this isn’t a troll post, the mistake you made wasn’t sharing, the mistake you made was going to a parlour magician rather than a professional in grief counselling. I’m sorry for your loss, and it sounds as though you could benefit from talking to someone.

“Clairvoyance” is a (often very convincing) trick, and it’s very well documented. Look into “cold reading” as a starting point. In this case, it sounds like she took advantage of someone in an emotionally vulnerable state, which is a particularly unpleasant thing to do, and why you’ll probably get largely disgruntled reactions from most of the populace on here. Whatever you might think, I guarantee that she wasn’t bringing anyone into the room with her, sorry. She’s not ‘gifted’, it’s a trick.

And, judging all healthcare professionals on the basis of one is the same generalisation you’re accusing others of.

T666DOM

Gifted? My arse. Why don’t you seek out a genuinely gifted/competant professional rather than your sister in law.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s not real, they can’t speak to the dead, it’s a con.
    There has not been one single proven example, if there had been the James Randi Foundation would be down $1M
    If he is real, you could prove it to them and split the proceed £500k apiece.

jimification
    Free Member

Have no doubt – However feasible it seems it’s either a scam or the person thinking they are pschic is delusional.

Read Darren Brown’s book: “tricks of the mind”. He explains how it’s all done.

BoardinBob

“Psychic wins lottery” said no one, ever.

kimbers

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmdEqwgit4[/video]

didnt work out well here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/sylvia-browne-amanda-berry-cleveland

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow.. holy shit people. Someone is on the ropes and all you want to do is put the boot in for your own amusement?

Have a word with yourselves ffs.

kimbers

really molgrips? I think it meeds pointing out that this person has been scammed by a cynical **** toying with a vulnerable persons emotions for their own financial gain

justatheory
    Free Member

Wow.. holy shit people. Someone is on the ropes and all you want to do is put the boot in for your own amusement?

Have a word with yourselves ffs.

I think people advising not to see a con man/woman is sound advice. These charlatans are dispicable, exploiting vulnerable people’s grief for money.

Just what i was thinking, molgrips.

Having a dig at psychics for preying on the emotionally vulnerable is fair game.
    Having a dig at someone who has been to a psychic while they are emotionally vulnerable is a bit off.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think people advising not to see a con man/woman is sound advice.

I think it meeds pointing out that this person has been scammed by a cynical **** toying with a vulnerable persons emotions for their own financial gain

Uh.. this might not be a good time!

And also probably not a good time for posting up smartarse pictures and comedy pisstaking, either.

justatheory
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s always a good time to tell someone not to get financially and emotionally drained.

Agree about not posting sarcastic pictures and comments though. Also sound advice to go and see a professional.

whitegoodman
    Free Member

Hey, back the **** off will you.

1) I ain’t exactly what you would call vulnerable, far from it, but I do have a bigger collection of life’s bitter experiences than most and tough as I might think I am, this kind of thing is enough to shake the strongest of wills.

2)I do not share you’re blind acceptance of so called ‘professionals’ they’d come from the same pool of University fodder that can hardly spell it’s own name, and with what? A sociology degree? Last I looked they come out of the paper towel dispensing machine and are right up there with politics.

As to wether it works or not, it does and if it hasn’t for you or you read it in Atheist in lycra weekly, then I feel sorry for you.

And finally the psychic didn’t come to me, I had to look bloody hard to find one, they are sadly a vanishing resource, probably thanks to all those celebrity psydicks giving the occupation a bad name and the sort of attitude we have displayed here by know nothings carrying the current party line of devaluing anything of a spiritual or faith related nature.

This isn’t religion it’s cold hard actual fact, one complete stranger talking to another and revealing things no-one other than I would know even to the point of describing my best trail riding dog right to the last detail, it was so accurate it reduced Mrs Goodman to tears who was awaiting her turn in the adjacent room, she then declined and left due to the trauma of the past returning so graphically described.

Believe what you like, but only after personal experience please, don’t be a dogma lead moron all your life.

jamj1974

I’m with MTQG and Molgrips here. I don’t believe in clairvoyance either but leave the OP alone if you are just going to slate him. He is obviously grieving, vulnerable and needed somewhere to open up.

OP. Chin up chap!

J

MrWoppit
    Free Member

As to wether it works or not, it does and if it hasn’t for you or you read it in Atheist in lycra weekly, then I feel sorry for you.

Ah.

I read in yesterday’s news that the mother of one of the kidnapped girls in Cleveland went to a “psychic” and was told that her child was dead. I suppose she might have thought that it “worked” for her up until this week.

If you insist on cementing your victimhood by allowing yourself to be manipulated by frauds, you’re quite entitled, but if you are looking for advice, mine is: don’t.

You assume that this person knew nothing about you until the facts about you were “revealed”. Why make that assumption? It’s more likely that a great deal of covert investigation was done before the “revelations” were presented…

Anyway – Good luck. 🙂

whitegoodman
    Free Member

jamj1974 – Member

OP. Chin up chap!

J

Thanks, it about the best & only advice you can take at the end of the day, better that than taking your chance by opening up anonymously on an internet forum for cyclists, which of those is the most stupid…

*on egg shells*

You’re loss & pain allows this psychic a platform to operate. My dad passed away several years ago. We discussed psychics at length (both sceptics) and agreed on a word that he would be relayed by him to me in the afterlife. A word no-one could ever know we shared.

I visited four (as a sceptic) …. And predictably, none of the ‘paid’ psychics knew that word we shared

I’m sorry for your loss. If the visit brought you comfort ? More power to you. If you re-visit this psychic again & money changes hands, that’s where it becomes contentious

Your post title infers comfort wasn’t found, only pain. Pain that could have been avoided?

Trimix
    Free Member

If the OP posts up on a Public forum, then they will have to put up with whatever they get in terms of response.

Seems like they actually do believe in it, dispite common sence and science suggesting its a scam.

Any logical, rational thinking person should point out the error in their belief.

There are different ways of pointing things out.
    Laughing at someone for paying £400 to build a kids bike or £300 to work as a tour guide is one thing…

Mintman
    Free Member

been in pieces ever since..

and

I do have a bigger collection of life’s bitter experiences than most and tough as I might think I am, this kind of thing is enough to shake the strongest of wills.

indicates to me that you’re going to struggle to cope with everything on your own so I think getting some help/support is probably worth doing. I don’t think that MTFU is the answer in every instance.

Whether you chose to seek help/support via a doctor, psychiatrist (sp), clairvoyant, counsellor etc is upto you. I don’t think this is the time or place for my opinions on the various sources of help – there are far more qualified people to help point you in the right direction.

Whatever you chose to do then not doing it alone might help; good luck in getting your head around it all.

Sandwich

with her pathetic life experience or lack of it.

Failure to understand a counsellors role. They are a sounding board and you eventually provide your own solution. Empathy is more important than life experience and an ability to keep someone working towards their solution while minimising the diversions that delay this.

whitegoodman
    Free Member

I didn’t engage due to any recent loss or pain, I engaged because of other events that are causing me and my family great stress currently and after this, I’m not disposed to discuss them here, as to money changing hands so you’re saying a shrink or counsellor is going to cost nothing?
    Neither of them would be qualified in my opinion to discuss my current issues in any event, which was precisely why I took the random step of clairvoyance, as it happens I was also of the same sceptic view for many years, yes, if I look at it in the cold hard daylight today, I’m probably no better off than when I crossed the threshold, just dispirited by revisiting the pain of 25 years ago, grief I know Mrs Goodman never dealt with fully at the time and it is probably more her pain than my own that is effecting me, but it is nothing that any latter day do gooding young **** fresh out of Uni is going to help with, that I am sure.

Cougar

With respect OP, there’s some good advice on here, should you choose to seek it out between the less tactful comments.

I don’t think anyone has advocated “blind faith” in healthcare professionals, I’ve spent enough time around them in their various capacities to have learned that like any professions there’s good and bad ones. IME, mental health care in this country is very hit and miss, but nonetheless there are hits to be had.

You seem quick to dismiss anyone with a qualification but happy to “look bloody hard” to find a self-proclaimed psychic, which seems a little at odds to me. Why not look bloody hard for someone who might actually be able to help, rather than (I’m sorry to be blunt but) a con artist who will take your money in order to tell you what you expect to hear (and severely upset you in the process)?

You might like to think you’re not emotionally vulnerable, but if you’ve just suffered a bereavement then I’m afraid you are. There would be something seriously amiss if you weren’t. EDIT – apologies, I misread the original post, please ignore this and my previous reference to it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Probably best to go with a do-gooding University-educated *** who has had some further practical experience of using the process, then…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Bad day at the Clairvoyant.’ is closed to new replies.