Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bad brake judder??………tricross content…
  • ton

anyone suffer bad brake judder on their tricross.
    changed my stem and bars and that is all i can put it down to????

help..

will
    Free Member

Nope, could be to do with pads/rim. But not sure why it could be to do with them 🙄

XC_PK
    Free Member

Mine does it too so if anyone has ‘the answer’ that would be good! Mines an 08 singlecross if it makes a difference!

dave_aber
    Free Member

Ton – assuming that this is rim brakes, not disc, set the pads / shoes so they are very slightly ‘toe-in’. Use a thin shim (cut up credit card, etc) between the back of the pad and the rim, and set the pad so the front hits the rim when the back hits the shim. And make sure that there’s no wear in the pivots etc.

markenduro
    Free Member

Quite a few people have had this issue, IRC spesh changed the brakes out under warranty for mini V’s to stop it, something to do with the forks flexing under braking causing the cable hanger to vibrate on larger frames. Worth searching on google.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Yeah they swapped to Mini – v’s cos of it, Aparently dropping the cable stop down using some kind of hanger so that it’s closer to the brakes stops it to, no idea why though.

Sancho
    Free Member

Ton,
    you want some swiss stop pads (not sure whym they just squeal less and judder less), along with the straddle wires set as long as possible and to use a longer headset hanger, the length of cable from the hanger to the straddle wire is the main culprit.

Its Ed by the way 🙂

JoB
    Free Member

the judder is down to a harmonic forming in the brake cable, kind of making an ABS system, but the wrong way round

try raising the straddle yolk (to the same height or above the lower headset race) and if that doesn’t work invest in a fork-mounted cable-stop like this

brakes
    Free Member

I had this on my Tricross, but only at low speeds
    it was only cured when someone stole it 😥

DJC
    Free Member

There was a piece on this self-same problem in the last CTC magazine – JoB’s uphanger cable stop solved it.

Sam

Raise your straddle wire/yoke. Reduces the mechanical advantage of the brake and thus propensity to flex the fork to the point where it judders.

mattsccm
    Free Member

My single cross is supposed to judder going by the mentions on the web but doesn’t. It came with V’s but I am not convinced they are true mini’s. It’s the dark green version, 08? I thought they looked a bit naff so swapped to some old lo pro LX cantis which by all accounts should really cause the judder. They don’t. I use a long straddle wire coz that feels nice and cheapo Tekro pads because they were a quid a pair. Seem as good as the 105 double actions on my road bike and better than the original set up. I reckon its the fork myself as I have never had it on any other bike. Dunno. Oh yeah if you swap to canti’s swap the levers as well as they are definitely V compatable. Most of this was done to ditch the V’s with no cost if possible.

Joxster
    Free Member

Get some frog legs.

Frog legs

antigee

would have thought frogleggs (i think) would make things no better as no ability to adjust toe in – though you can play with the straddle length and get the gap equal on either side easily

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bad brake judder??………tricross content…’ is closed to new replies.