Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Bacon sandwich survey
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

University caff £1.45, excellent bacon, usually just slightly burnt so nice and crispy. +10p for no name broon sauce.
    Public caff does daily specials on rolls. 2 days it’s pork and black pudding sausage for £1.10 – top rolls

Going OT – many years ago, after an all-nighter I went into a Wimpy and ordered a fried egg roll. the roll was cracked into the chip fryer and the white wrapped round the yolk. First bite and the fekkin thing exploded showering me with hot fat and egg yolk.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Probs $10. Australian bacon is about 2 foot long and tasteless. My local butcher smokes his own (giggle) so home made on baguette with eggs (fried and runny) from my back yard chooks. And red sauce. And black pepper.

gusman2x
    Free Member

Wasn’t sure, so in the interest of data collection just nipped out to the local butty van.

£1.80 for 2 rashers on a muffin. I opted for the 20p upcharge for the addition of a fried egg. No sauce, and fat cut off.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Fat cut off?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Our work canteen does a six item breakfast for £2.50 😀
    So 4 rashers, a sausage and an egg and another 50 pence for a “soft baked white flour slightly flattened round bread product” gives quite a good scoff for £3.00

bikebouy
    Free Member

I haven’t eaten Bacon for years but this thread brings back memories of a small van selling Tea/Coffee/Bacon Rolls/Sausage Rolls in a carpark at the bottom of Lincoln Hill in Ironbridge that me and my mates used to stop off and grab a roll and coffee post long road training rides.
    Those were indeed the days.

So the only way to serve a Bacon Sandwich/Roll is from either a Van or a seedy Cafe’, correct ?

chewkw
    Free Member

joolsburger – Member
    2 rashers in sliced white I thought that was a pisstake.

Ya, if you buy them then they see you coming …

I don’t buy sandwich at all unless I am really hungry or starving.

Oh sandwich costing more than £3 is taking the piss.

slowoldman

red sauce

Are you 6 years old?[/quote]
    Indeed. Any adult knows it’s tomato ketchup. You’ll be saying “Can I get…?” next.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah you often get asked if you want tomato ketchup on your bacon sarny.

Red or brown ya posh mofo. Bet you ask for sourdough too.

It’s a **** bacon sarny not crudetes and a selection of home made dips.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Bacon sandwich survey’ is closed to new replies.