Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bacon an egg sarnie before ride?
  • paul9961
    Free Member

As title really, usually always had cereal pre ride breakfast, but realllllly have the urge for a greasy sandwich – but would I regret?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Greasy food takes longer to be absorbed and the nutritional benefit of it will very likely only kick in after your ride, depending how long your ride is. Cereal would be better imho.

gwj72
    Free Member

**** that. Get some sausages on aswell! Are you competing in the tour-de-france or going for a hoon? Fill your camelback with lager too.

geoffj

Are you competing in the tour-de-france or going for a hoon?

This

charliedontsurf

Tech answer; the complex carbs will give a nice slow energy release.

Real answer: tastes great, screw the cereal, make yourself happy. You are a cyclist FFS so you can eat anything you like.

some people like cereal exclusively, While I myself say there nowt nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey earth as that prince of foods . . . The Full English!”

paul9961
    Free Member

Thanks for the support! I even have a dinner medal I shall sport proudly on the trail 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

i introduced some of my musli eating friends to ‘männerfrühstuck’ (man’s breakfast) the other week. they were impressed.

i really don’t see how people can enjoy eating musli or cereal for breakfast. obviouls i’m not including coco pops or frosties under cereals – i’ll eat a bowl of them no problem; it’s probably all the sugar in them. yum.

thebunk

Its the weekend. You’re failing as a man if you don’t get fried pork and bird spawn for breakfast on a Sunday. You’ll go faster due to the guilt of needing to burn it off anyway.

billybob
    Free Member

Do it properly – add some haggis, & black pudding to it also.

Breakfast of champions.

spacemonkey

While I myself say there nowt nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey earth as that prince of foods . . . The Full English!

This.

My fav pre-ride (morning) meal is defo eggs/bacon/toast/beans and tea. Nothing comes close.

Fav pre-ride (pm) meal is tuna/pasta/pesto.

Cereals/porridge just don’t give me the slow-release that I expect – don’t know why.

z1ppy

oh BB, your so right, I will remember for next time (black pudding, not convinced about haggis on a bacon sanie, as haggis needs gravy IMHO).

Well I’m off to make one for lunch, village bakers ‘cottage’ baps, butchers localy produced bacon and eggs, covered in brown sause.

mmmMMMMMMMMMMM

No riding though, just lounging around in the sun.

darrell
    Free Member

helps better with the hangover as well

scaredypants

covered in brown sause

can forgive the spelling, but BROWN sauce ??!

Haze

Porridge, everything you need 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

Cereals/porridge just don’t give me the slow-release that I expect – don’t know why.

maybe because your used to the relatively high GI of refined wheat (white bread/pasta) and potatoes.

molgrips
    Free Member

Porridge and cereals are high GI IIRC, which is why they don’t fill you up for as long as a fry up 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Has to be a fry up first thing and lets face it give it the beans up the first climb and it will be all back up and over the trail at the top. Job done.

captain-slow
    Free Member

Bacon and black pudding sandwich for me before my road ride this morning, with a little ketchup and no butter obviously – I’m not a slob!

Duggan

I often get the train from Manchester to New Mills near Hayfield with my bike and always make sure I pick up an all-day breakfast butty or sausage/bacon baguette at the station.

I figure it’s fine and it certainly doens’t seem to do me any harm. I have a mate who comes out with me sometimes who insists that he cannot eat when out riding or he’ll be sick.

I honestly think I could easily eat a 3 course Sunday roast half way round and carry on. Different for running though, I can’t run even if I’ve eaten just a little bit beforehand in the previous couple of hours.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Porridge and cereals are high GI IIRC, which is why they don’t fill you up for as long as a fry up

oats are something like 38, cocoa pops and other stuff like that are 70

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bacon an egg sarnie before ride?’ is closed to new replies.