Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • backup car alarm ideas ?
  • Hedgehog
    Free Member

the scroats seam to be on the rampage round my way. Somehow the toe rags managed to get into the wifes spanky new LEON in the middle of the night and with no mark on the car or even set the alarm off.
    I only can assume they have some kit to turn the alarm off and open the car. Yes, I know, I thought did she actually lock the car ? after finding another 4 or 5 on the street asking the same question to themselves I doute they all forgot.

SO ! im trying to think of a secondary alarm mainly to cover the boot, incase they do 'turn off' the in built alarm, will be for night time only when on the drive. Best a can come up with is a 9v shed alarm in the boot, ok, not hi-tech but if at least it squeals for a few seconds were should hear it.
    any ideas ?

ta

Junkyard
    Free Member

hide in boot with bombers and a full bladder
    How about just fitting another car alarm?

Hedgehog
    Free Member

I knew bombers would come in to this ! lol

from what the electronics design engineer wiz type in the office tells me two alarms running of the same battery would have a habit of confusing each other as two active loads of sorts.

Junkyard
    Free Member

seperate batteries would stop this or a more simple alarm would probably suffice then so no voltage drop or PIR just go off when they open a door/boot?
    otherwise as you say something battery operated you could have it radio controlled/operated to trigger a siren inside your house if you wished – few different ways of doing this

trail_rat
    Free Member

id be sticking it in the garage and/or leaving nothing of value in it …

zaskar
    Free Member

Visual deterrent?

Steering lock, flashing lights and maybe a perimeter alarm that beeps loudly when they peek into the car.

50 foot mouse trap?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i'd move! 😉

petrieboy
    Spud

Wire it to the mains! 😉

guido

Get one of those rape alarms that have a pull cord. Attach the alarm to the side of the boot and the cord to the hatch/boot lid. Make the cord long enough so that you can put your hand in to 'disarm'.
    If someone opens the boot it pulls the cord and they will go deaf.
    works on shed doors as well.

Hedgehog
    Free Member

Hey Guido !

perfect idea. have purchased such a device.

.. its not that where I live is a bad area… its just we have 'visitors' to the local park. no problems for ages then the whole estates gone loony.

ta !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘backup car alarm ideas ?’ is closed to new replies.