Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • backing up HTC phone
  • sadexpunk

phone may be on its way out, or the battery may be, but as its not a removeable battery its the same thing (HTC M8).

just lately its been getting down to about 25% then just dying suddenly. when i recharge and reboot, theres stuff missing, options reset, its a faff, so i try to make sure it doesnt go that low.

yesterday it got worse. after dying suddenly then being charged, it wouldnt load up and kept saying that ‘sense’ had stopped working. tried a few times, googled away for an answer and it seems there was a fix by pulling down notification drawer, ‘apps/sense home/storage/data/clear data’. said it wouldnt lose any content.

well it worked, phone booted up but everything was different, i lost some apps, all my messages, even my contacts for a while.

it made me realise i really should back the phone up regularly, but i dont know how. google suggests htc back up and gives instructions, but my backup doesnt seem to have the same options in those instructions, so thought id ask on here…..

1. how are you chaps backing up your android phones?
    2. any way of recalibrating battery or getting more from it? shame to bin the phone, i like it.

thanks

scotroutes

I’ve fitted replacement batteries to phones. It’s usually matter of prising open the case, then snapping it back together. It’s certainly worth looking if you otherwise like the phone.

The only backup I have for my phone is what Google does – apps, contacts, photos, documents, music etc. Get a new phone, switch it on, wait a while as everything restores.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just had the battery replaced in my M7. Within a fortnight, it was going wrong again and has been in the repair place for 3 weeks now. As soon as they say they’ve fixed one thing, they tell me another has gone wrong.

Based in my experience of one sample, get a new phone.

sadexpunk

yeah may go down that route when its finally too much for me….

scotroutes, so if google backs up automatically, when my phone messes up and say i did a factory reset or something, how do i get it back exactly as it was with all apps and app data restored?

scotroutes

Depends what “app data” you have. I can’t think of much I have actually on my phone.

Apps, contacts etc should start to sync as soon as you’ve entered your google userid.

sadexpunk

‘sync’ scares me as i lost all my music once during a sync, i never understand whats syncing to what. f’rinstance, if my phones got loads of music, and my chromebook half as much, which syncs to which? is there a chance that the chromebook syncs to the phone and leaves it with only half as much music as it had before? (i think thats what happened when i lost all my music, so i stay clear of it).

back up sounds better, its just knowing whats being backed up to where, and when, and how to restore it if it went t1ts up…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Contacts all to a Google account.
    App list in Google play
    Music, well it’s all done by Spotify for me so nothing to lose
    Photos Google photos
    Passwords in last pass

Can’t think of anything else

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘backing up HTC phone’ is closed to new replies.