Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Background wallpaper sizing help please IT Bods
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive taken some rather nice photos with the IPhone just recently, and would like to have them full screen on my monitor at work, however when I resize it to fit my 1600 x 900 resolution it either zooms in pixely and doesn’t get the full photo, or I have huge blac bars either side of the photo

now am I being dim, or is it because its its not in proportion?! is there any way of getting the full picture at full screen without the bars either side?

thanks

Sundayjumper

If it’s a different proportion or worse, trying to turn a portrait pic into a landscape pic, you either have to crop it or have plain bars along the sides.

Please stop taking pics in portrait 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

it was taken in landscape, defo not portrait, I guess its all about proportions and maybe my crap work monitor isn’t capable of displaying it, the max res on my monitor is 1600 x 900 and if I resize the pics to that they have huge bars either side of the pic (not full screen) then if I stretch them to fit they look crap/zoomed in etc

nemesis
    Free Member

Your monitor is not as wide screen as your phone pics. As such, there’s no way to avoid the bars except if you crop the photo (cut off the edges). What is the resolution of the photo on your phone?

There’s nothing wrong with your monitor FWIW, it’s just a different shape. The normal shape in fact (16:9)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

iphone pics by default are something like 4338×3400 (rough guess but very similar)

so how do i crop the black bars out then and make it full screen without it looking naff/zoomed in?

i have edited/resized the photo to 16:9 and it looks fine in paint and full screen on paint …yet put it on the desktop and it doesnt fit without the bars, or if i click fit to screen it zooms in and cuts most of the photo off

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Background wallpaper sizing help please IT Bods’ is closed to new replies.