Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Backcountry Navigator queries
  • mikejd

I know that there have been a lot of threads about BCN and I have just downloaded it to my HTC One. I have couple of questions which I hope someone can help with.

The download cost £8.99 which is cheaper than others suggest but it only seems to download 1:50k maps. Other posts say it will get 1:25k as well or is there another version?

Also, can the downloaded map tiles be used on a PC to work offline? If so, what software?

johnnystorm

When you download tiles you can select how much you want to be able to zoom in by. You might have not selected enough. Not sure about your other query.

nickjb
    Free Member

I can definitely get 1:25k maps on mine. Just zoom in and it switches from 50k to 25k.

mikejd

OK thanks. I hadn’t zoomed in enough to see but it is working.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Also When you’re downloading maps on to your phone to use off line It will always automatically default to full zoom (level 15 1:25k). The new course creator is good, although I still prefer plotting on a big screen. As a tech idiot I found downloading and overlaying gpx routes off the internet pretty straightforward. You can also still change your map source if you want to try osm, ocm, 4Umap or when going abroad. Ive used IGN Spain maps which are good, I think Nathan has talked about adding new ones. Sign up to the newsletter there’s sometimes snippets of good info amongst his ramblings

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Also, can the downloaded map tiles be used on a PC to work offline? If so, what software?

Give some examples of what you’d be looking to do with it? There may be other options ie bikehike, wheresthepath, bing maps etc.
    Alternatively, ask and/or search on BCN forum.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Backcountry Navigator queries’ is closed to new replies.