Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Back to work tomorrow, how do you feel?
  • Off to bed soon(ish) for a 3am start and 230 mile drive before a days work in knee deep mud.

Don’t mind to be honest (although would prefer it not to be quite so early).

Who’s up for some graft and who’s dreading it?

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’m retired 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m off for a lot longer just a few meetings at the end of the week.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m considering retirement. I’m 28.

Drac

I’m off tomorrow been at work all weekend.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Does anyone want my job? Cos I don’t. (I’ll keep the money though).

Stoner
    Free Member

except for those bone idle, layabout, teachers that need to take an extra day out of term time for some training that could have been done last week so that my boys don’t start back until Tuesday instead…..

gawd bless’em, salt of the earth, god’s own educators, hard-pressed public servants that they are etc etc yadda yadda.

Still, I think we’ll go to the Newent Falconry Centre and tease a Barn Owl instead. Just as well Im retired/self employed/unemployed. All much of a muchness 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

Self employed so looking forward to getting the money back in. tbh being self-employed makes going to work much easier!
    May ride in to make the beginning and end of the day more satisfying 🙂

Kuco

Goto our depot in morning and see which job i’m on. If its the job I think i’ll be on then yep more than happy if its the other job then no not really looking forward to it.

matt_outandabout

Meh.
    Job, yes.
    Leaving family and particularly mrs_oab who is really ill, no.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Unemployed.

jimmy

I’m in denial.

Houns

Unemployed, better get in touch with the DWP tomorrow

davosaurusrex

5 different subcontractors starting on site tomorrow with 3 weeks to complete what should be a minimum 6 week program. Director briefing at 9am. There’s been days I’ve looked forward to more to be honest.

JCL
    Free Member

Off to bed soon(ish) for a 3am start and 230 mile drive before a days work in knee deep mud.

Sod that.

I might not go. I’m self employed.

finbar
    Free Member

Bit scared here, I’ve got two meetings with a Secretary of State next week 😯

stumpy01

Commute from hell, no doubt…

Then got a nightmare drawing to be getting on with. It’s complicated and boring, so no enthusiasm for it….bleurgh…

JulianA
    Free Member

Fine. I enjoy my job – would much rather stay home though.

New software release wot I partly rote has just happened so there’s gonna be some flames to put out, I expect! Fun fun fun…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Enjoyed the break (and needed it) but looking forward to a very busy Jan and Feb.

Not looking forward to the train though, especially as I haven’t bought my ticket.

Had enough washing up too 😉

chvck
    Free Member

+1

fasthaggis

I love my job,Mondays are never a problem.
    This did not happen by chance.

dazh

Ask me in a few hours. For two weeks I’ve maintained a very successful mental block about anything to do with work. Haven’t even been tempted to look at my emails. I’ll lie awake tonight in a total panic as it all comes flooding back.

samuri
    Free Member

I can’t wait. All christmases are awful because christmas is the worst time of the year but on top of that, this holiday has been just nasty. Properly shit. Deaths, illness, injuries, mopping up copious amounts of sick, financial problems.

it can all just stick it up it’s own jacksie and I just pray to god it all gets better from tomorrow.

binners

I’m going to ride in to get the week off to a decent start. Well I was until I saw the weather forecast. Freezing fog. Hurray!

carlosg
    Free Member

I’ve got all week off 🙂
    First leave since the beginning of August.

cardo

Blown up boiler to remove and replace tomorrow … if I’m doing it then sore fingers and shoulders… If I’m the “gofor” then tired and a git of a first day back.. love winter me.

dpfr

Completely in denial! As well as doing my own job, I am picking up all the pieces left by someone who’s left. Two jobs, one wage packet- nice!

ThePinkster

Just another manic Monday for me.

Was off sick for almost 4 months last year, desperate to get back in the office.

Been back for 2 months and sick to the back teeth of it again.

Make what you will of that.

PJ266
    Free Member

Unemployed, flying to Australia on the 15th.

One way ticket, wish me luck!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

conversely I’ve worked 15 out of the last 17 days, including Xmas day, Boxing day, NY eve and NY day, so tomorrow is a very welcome day off!

Edit: good luck!

rOcKeTdOg

i was back the day after christmas, so feels like a normal Sunday to me

dannyh
    Free Member

Absolutely **** dreading it. Have already been back in for two and a half days last week and it just made me realise what an abomination the next few weeks and months are going to be.

But it’s all relative. I don’t live in a war zone, or struggle to find food or clean water, so it can’t be all that bad.

I even get to ride my bike (badly) a couple of times a week.

wilburt
    Free Member

glad to be back.

Bregante

Just to give me some kind of “helpful” heads up, I’ve been getting texts since Saturday morning from two of my team who are in all weekend about what awaits me tomorrow a.m.

It’s not going to be pretty…

PJ266 – Member
    Unemployed, flying to Australia on the 15th.

One way ticket, wish me luck!

Good luck!

Spud

Really can’t be arsed, but I have a new member of staff starting tomorrow. And I have promised myself I am going to be positive this year. Last year was awful as my wife faced surgery for cancer. As said above there is far worse happening to others, but even so, I’d love another few days.

senorj

I got back to the smoke late last night after 13 blissful nights in Cumbria .
    Caught up with family ,friends& sleep.Had some lovely food,good crack and managed to fit in a decent amount of
    cycling.
    Not looking forward to the first shift tomorrow .on a positive note I’m on late shift for the first new year in ages. 🙂

Sundayjumper

I have one day’s grace, back to work on Tuesday. Not looking forward to it. Thinking of escape plans. Call it a midlife crisis.

somafunk

I doubt i’ll be going in t’morn, had the lurgy for well over a week and i still feel drained with helluva weak muscles/hacking cough and hot/cold/hot/cold so i don’t fancy a 4 mile uphill cycle to work and then standing/working for 7 hours then cycling back home. I’ll see how i feel when i wake up t’morn.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im getting home for holidays starting tomorrow. 9 am chopper to the mainland 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Back to work tomorrow, how do you feel?’ is closed to new replies.