Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Back to work Blues….help me get through the day!
  • russyh
    Free Member

Anyone else struggling with back to work blues…? Yeah i’m sure there are folk whom have worked through (as did many times years ago) but today im really struggling. Loads of massive projects to sink my teeth into. But at the moment its like being told to put my trucks on and swim the channel.

So what STW pearls of wisdom, or motivation insights are there to rev me up and smash through the festive hangover?

IHN

I’m still drunk, I find it helps

Freester

So what STW pearls of wisdom, or motivation insights are there to rev me up and smash through the festive hangover?

Chin up. It’s only a 4 working day week this week.

FuzzyWuzzy

I ended up having most of December off to use up holiday allowance (they stopped allowing us to carry any over a few years back). So bit of a shock to the system today, I’m still catching up on emails (been in since 7am), next I have to remember what projects the team were working on and get up to speed what state they’re in… I’ve already had enough 🙁

drlex
    Free Member

Can’t get into the swing of work, so watching BBL in an empty office…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Too early?

steve_b77
    Free Member

But at the moment its like being told to put my trucks on and swim the channel.

You’ll probably sink if you try and swim wearing a large metal vehicle, try some speedos 😀

tomhoward

Too early?

Apparently not for supermarkets….

I’m struggling, had most of dec off on sick (whilst feeling fine) then the Xmas/ny period off. Gone from getting up when it’s light to getting up in the dark 😥

core

I went in the local Spar shop New Yrs Eve to be greeted by a display full of mini eggs. It is too soon, but mini eggs……

First day back in since 21st Dec today. Not much on, but loads of fiddly bits of admin to do and crappy little jobs to finish off. The struggle is real. Not helped by having the tail end of a cold, which I’ve had for about 3 weeks all told.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Happy as a pig in shit here.

After a few weeks of gluttony, in-laws, too much TV and mindmush I’m happy to be getting stuff done again.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Most of December off due to having to use up leave too. Ill for half of it and crap weather or Christmas for the rest. Such a waste of time off.

Hence I don’t feel like I have had any time off.

maccruiskeen

Anyone else struggling with back to work blues…? Y

Nobody in Scotland 🙂

The extra bank holiday today seems to have been broadly interpreted as ‘no point in going back to work for half a week so we’ll re-open on the 8th’

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m not going back til tomorrow but it’s dark grey, windy and peeing with horizontal rain out there so it feels like a waste of a day off. I have a fluffy purring cat curled up on my lap but I should go and find something useful to do.

birky
    Free Member

I ended up having most of December off to use up holiday allowance

Same here, had loads of annual leave to use up so only worked 2 out of the last 7 1/2 weeks. Back to work tomorrow and dreading it.

grenosteve
    Free Member

The boss is out for the rest of the week, so I’m listening to absolute 80s and browsing for the day! Pretty bored already though…

Is it lunch time yet?

wiggles
    Free Member

Could be worse you could be unemployed and poor and have to go to the job centre tomorrow

Poopscoop

OP write today off and go right through the huge guf thread. Always cheers me up!

Poopscoop

wiggles – Member
    Could be worse you could be unemployed and poor and have to go to the job centre tomorrow

Hope 2018 brings a positive change to both of those circumstances bud.

seosamh77
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member
    Anyone else struggling with back to work blues…? Y
    Nobody in Scotland

The extra bank holiday today seems to have been broadly interpreted as ‘no point in going back to work for half a week so we’ll re-open on the 8th’Aye I’m in 2.5 days this week, if they actually expect me to do anything other than watch netflix, they are on to plumbs! 😆

sargey

Conversation this morning with my employers.

Me-did you order the three items I asked you for a week before we broke up for Christmas?

Them-do you need them?

Me-er yes I said that if we didn’t have them nothing can be done this week.

Them – oh!

Might as well go home, nobbers!

tlr

I’ve been reading this this morning, thinking hmmm, that sounds all very feasible….

Retire at 45

dirkpitt74

Yep, I’m struggling too.
    It was dark when I got up, and still dark when I rolled into the office at 07:45 – WTF is that all about???
    Have decided to take it easy today and sort out a bucket load of filing on my laptop as I’ve discovered I only have 5GB free on my HD.
    Off to the gym at lunch time and more filing when I come back.
    Highlight of my day so far has been catching up on the Walking Dead on the train journey into work.

russyh
    Free Member

3 hours in and so far caught up on emails, fuel returns and expenses….Better get on with proper work now. Meeting tomorrow at 9:30 with MD. which will mean i will need to leave the house at 5am…..Still Christmas doesn’t pay for itself.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m currently working my notice period. Woke up this morning, decided to go back to sleep and ‘work’ from home. Hence why I’m on here whilst drinking tea and eating crumpets. Might go and do some work on my van in a minute…

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

yep. im struggling too, motivation mainly, hit 40 and don’t know what i want to do with my life, but financially comfortable.

oh well winter sun holiday next week, only 6 days to keep treading water

mattbee

Of the 6 emails I sent this morning, 5 have returned an “out of office until 8th” message. I’ve taken that as a sign to give up.
    It is bloody horrible out though so I just can’t face doing anything instead.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Nobody in Scotland

Cool – I’m officially a nobody.

retro83
    Free Member

tlr – Member
    I’ve been reading this this morning, thinking hmmm, that sounds all very feasible….

Retire at 45

So you just need the rental income from four properties, dividends from shares, proceeds from book sales, and two solar arrays then you too can pay off your mortgage and drive around in a camper van.

slowoldman

Sadly I’m already 64.

maccruiskeen

Same here, had loads of annual leave to use up so only worked 2 out of the last 7 1/2 weeks. Back to work tomorrow and dreading it.

I didn’t know we had any Ryan Air pilots on the forum 🙂

Aye I’m in 2.5 days this week, if they actually expect me to do anything other than watch netflix, they are on to plumbs!

Its torture if your employer misjudges the back-to-work date in scotland. Phone doesn’t ring all day, nobody answers (or has an answer) if you ring out. Same with emails. It partly that a lot of places haven’t come back to work (or staff have taken extra leave if they have) but also people have such a worry about finishing things before christmas ‘otherwise it won’t get done this year’ that when the new year starts theres not really much work in hand and because everyone has a notion of making a fresh start they seem to be incapable of making a decision too.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Managed to stay fairly motivated before lunch, got all my jobs for the day done, in fact got all my jobs for the week done. Time to plan for activities for throughout the year then!

core

Done a bit, feel knackered, cold still hanging on, going to find some lunch, one site visit, then home.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Nope, just chillin after a sesh at the gym, sent wifey to work this morning as she’s happy to work for both of us. 😀

jam-bo

i think I could do with a nap right now.

RustyNissanPrairie

Delayed back to work blues by driving to Perpignan yesterday for the week.
    Forecast for Thursday is 17c.
    Back in work in the 8th
    Is that helpful?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Back to work Blues….help me get through the day!’ is closed to new replies.