Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Back to the scene of the crime…
  • rewski
    Free Member

…going back to the trails where I fractured my collarbone and knocked myself out, feeling strangely apprehensive. And before you say it I will MTFU.

hillsplease

Good luck. Take it easy and you’ll wonder how you managed to fall off last time. Unless of course it’s a 20 ft gap jump. In which case you might want to warm up on something smaller.

edoverheels
    Free Member

When I went back to the place I broke my pelvis it was strange seeing the marks on the tree. Was not riding because was still on crutches. Will not jump it again, plenty of other trails to ride.

LoCo
    Free Member

Still haven’t ridden the section of trail on which I crashed on, the results of which in a round about fashion almost killed me 😕

Speshpaul

I had to ride the spot where i broke my leg by myself and my mates didn’t want to “go through it again!”
    Nice to ride it and put it to bed.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve never really had a problem after injury once I’m actually back on the bike.

For me, it’s watching mtb stuff while i’m injured that scares me. I was watching the video of the molfre DH on STW yesterday, and the guy that stacks it hard on his shoulder at the stepdown is making me feel funny since i’m sat with a fractured shoulder, collar bone and 3 ribs.

I always have time to reflect and think “why the hell do i keep riding DH, I only end up getting hurt”

but as soon as i’m back on the bike I feel fine.

jonathan
    Free Member

I’m still nervous hitting the jump I savaged my knee on (I’d post the pic but it tends to get threads pulled!). That was 18 months ago and it’s getting better and more confident all the time. Can’t ride it without thinking about it though and trying to spot my “landing” point etc.

daznal
    Free Member

I had a high side that dislocated my elbow,put that one down to the stupidly low bb on my stumpy,sold that frame,now on an epiphany and riding the same trail with out a second thought to the crash.Guess it’s a confidance thing in your bike and your ability

loddrik
    Free Member

Went past the place where I dislocated my shoulder at CyB last month and thought ‘how’d the **** did I fall off that…?’.

jambon
    Free Member

Yeah, putting the demons at rest can be really harrowing.

The same drop-off that gave me concussion and a broken collar bone on two separate dates gave me stuff to worry about.

Now find it really easy and I wonder how I ever found it so hard.

That’s how you get better I suppose…

rewski
    Free Member

Definetly no jumps for me, I don’t actually remember what happened, or how long I was out for. Thanks all.

chvck
    Free Member

I regularly ride the piece of trail I broke my arm on, still haven’t managed to not dab the brakes a little going into the berm though!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Back to the scene of the crime…’ is closed to new replies.