Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Back to the future……..
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Just split down my 29er for paint so decided to build this up out of the parts bin. See how my normal trails feel on a 26er after a few years on a fatbike and a 29er.

God the wheels look small!!

m0rk
    Free Member

Tyre logos man, tyre logos!

Frame and wheels look nice though!

z1ppy

noticed a couple of your threads lately chris, isn’t the SlimJim supposed to be a temporary bike while you get 27+.. so this is your temporary, temporary bike? 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

😆 I think 26″ wheels don’t look right.

Weird isn’t it.

bigblackshed

That seat angle!

Drac

Gravel needs a sweep.

woodster

Looks great! Hell of a parts bin too.

I might do something similar although much more budget, given that no-one wants to buy 26er parts anymore.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Good point Zippy the slim jim is off to paint in the next week or so. I bought the frame to see if I like short chainstayed 29ers and I do so when it’s all clean and painted I will put it back in the loft and maybe buy a stache or a beast of the east. Well that’s the plan. And before anyone says I have just reduced the forks from 150 to 120 ! Blame the dog for the gravel

DickBarton

More of a side view would make the wheels look fine…it’s the angle the picture has been taken at…

z1ppy

No love for the orbea loki?
    Your painting it and then put it in the loft?
    Why paint/keep it at all, if you only go to store it?
    (interest/nosey, not a malicious comment)

fd3chris
    Free Member

Bit better angle before I head off .

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s an ocd thing ? I like it too much to leave it that awful stained grey . I’ve not even looked at that bike mate to be honest.

z1ppy

:mrgreen: excellent

NormalMan

Really like that. If it wasn’t for Specialized ‘own brand’ rear hub spacing and the like, I’d be tempted to pull a part my Camber that didn’t sell and build a 26er ht for a bit of fun.

I love my 29er but never really had an issue with a sorted 26er ht. Although no wheel size debate intended.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Well it rides like I remember. Light,easy to position the front wheel on the trail and lift it over things. Conditions were very wet slippy with deep puddles in the ruts but I did enjoy it. Maybe I will keep it as a back up .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Back to the future……..’ is closed to new replies.