• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Back pocket water pouches
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

I find bottles are uncomfortable to carry in the back pocket. Can anyone recommend some water pouches that would be suitable for storing drinking water in the back pockets while riding?

scotroutes

Platypus and Ortlieb both do one. There was also a Kickstarter project for a pocket-friendly bottle. I don’t know how it is coming along though.

Alternatively, have you considered a bum-bag?

andysmiff1
    Free Member

backbottle!

here

I’ve got a couple for short local blasts – no problems, comfortable enough!

Took about 10 days to arrive from the US

A

jimoiseau
    Free Member

STW throws up some strange euphemisms from time to time, but this one takes the biscuit.

grannyjone
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at those. I ordered some elsewhere before but they weren’t pocket friendly.

CraigW
    Free Member

There are a few ‘soft flasks’ used by runners. Most popular seems to be Salomon, which are probably the same as Hyrdapak. They have a few different sizes, so you could find one that fits your pocket.
    http://www.ultramarathonrunningstore.com/Running-Bottles-s/1852.htm

teasel
    Free Member

I have a 500ml version of the Platypus Druidh mentions. I wouldn’t want to go larger for stuffing in the back pocket of a jersey as I reckon they’d jump out if you get a bit active.

That BackBottle up there looks like it has a lip to stop that from happening, though not collapsible like the Platypus.

OCB
    Free Member

As far as I can tell, all of the soft-flasks are Hyrdapak, just branded differently. I use Ultramarathon store anyway, so ended up with the Salomon ones (as that’s what they had in stock).

They get orders out of the door to you super-quickly, but you might find the Ron Hill Trail Fuel versions on the shelf somewhere if you are in a *real* hurry (assuming you live somewhere with a big enough running store of course).

Just remember to blow a bit of air back into them if they need to be a bit fatter to fit in with other stuff in your pocket.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Back pocket water pouches’ is closed to new replies.