Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Back biking again, wow so many changes new bike?
  • RCboy
    Free Member

After a four and a half year break doing other sports I’ve been back out on the bike a fair few times in the last couple of months and realise how much I have missed it.

Bikes really seem to have changed while I have been away (currently riding a 2007 Orange 5) bigger wheels, bigger tyres, axels, more carbon etc. etc.

I’m considering a new bike, potentially Scott Spark 720. Will I really notice the difference and does anyone have a Spark 720 – what do you think?

Thanks

joebristol

I think the Spark is fairly XC orientated – maybe reviewed by MBUK a few months back.

What sort of riding is it to be used for / where do you ride.

I think for me if it’s general trail riding I’d probably look for a more laid back bike that goes up and down well.

The amount of travel doesn’t necessarily matter too much – more the way the bike rides.

Something like a Whyte t-130 looks like a good compromise.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Stick with the orange 5 for now its a good bike, why blow more money until you’ve gained more experience and knowledge? Use it and then do some demos. You might prefer DH or trail or gasp gravel 🙂

Pinkbike for sale is full of bikes people have bought used for a couple months and then sold at a big loss.

joebristol

Fair point – if your current bike isn’t broken why change it? That said my current bike isn’t broken and I’m planning to change for a new shiny toy – when I sell mine (stealth hint!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Back biking again, wow so many changes new bike?’ is closed to new replies.