Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • babymaking…….
  • Kryton57

I’m assuming the OP has already decided whether he should or not….

wrecker
    Free Member

So far this thread has concentrated on the How, rather than the Should We?

There are an estimated 7.5 billion people in a world struggling to contain them…

Feel free not to bother. I’m sure humankind will manage.

wallop

When my wife and I were seeking fertility treatment we were told that day 10 of the cycle was the optimum time in the fertility cycle. Day 1 being first day of her period. Also, sperm can hang around for up to 4 days so x amount of times a day not really necessary. Storing up 3 days prior to ejaculation was also advised and going in around day nine you will stand a good chance of succeeding providing everything is working correctly for you both.

But this would depend on how long the lady cycle is. Some wimminz are up to 35 days.

IHN

Lady cycle?

Buzzard
    Free Member

Lots already said, but timing critical and Robutissun chesty cough syrup works (call it an old wives tale but it did do as intended for us) – seems grapefruit juice does too.
    http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/770430-can-buy-robitussin-cough-syrup-uk.html

Pieface

You need to understand when she’s most fertile and your baby gravy is best at 3 – 5 days after your last release. Also best avoiding smoking and booze for 6 weeks to 3 months beforehand.

camo16
    Free Member

Robutissun chesty cough syrup works (call it an old wives tale but it did do as intended for us) – seems grapefruit juice does too.

You might try staying overnight in a B&B in Hay on Wye. That’s a winner, too. 😀

baby gravy

😯

wrecker
    Free Member

OK. I just read “cervical mucus”. 😯 whats the deal with the cough syrup; drink or apply? Him or her? Is it alcoholic?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

But this would depend on how long the lady cycle is. Some wimminz are up to 35 days.

Probably why we failed then and why we are now going through the adoption process.
    wrecker, how long have you been trying? If it’s been a long time I’d suggest both getting checked. It will save a lot of stress and dissapointment over time.

teasel
    Free Member

cervical mucus

Ha! There’s also a mucus bung involved, apparently. A bit like that lumpy bit attached to the yolk in your average chicken egg.

wwaswas

Mumsnet called.

They want their thread back 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

A while, but we kind of know that everything works to some degree at least.

natrix
    Free Member

There’s a section of singletrack in Swinley Forest called ‘babymaker’ so named as the trail builders brother was trying for a child at the time and it was hoped that the trail could become some sort of mystical fertility place (a bit like ‘doing it’ on the eye of the Uffington White Horse). (You’re not supposed to ‘do-it’ on the trail, just ride down the trail and then go back home etc etc).

Anyway, bizarrely it worked for me, both of my children were conceived after riding this trail. The land owners may well be closing the trail soon, so I suggest that you get there sharpish 😀

dooosuk
    Free Member

Is the Mrs taking Folic Acid?

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

@Mulletus Maximus,

Be good to know how you’re getting on with the adoption process and your experiences.
    currently thinking about the same.
    Been trying for second bambino for more than 2 years, bizarrely after having no troubles with our first child.
    The body’s a wierd old thing…

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

aleonardwilliams, strange thing with us is that there is nothing physically wrong with either of us, we just couldn’t concieve after 6 years of trying.

Adoption wise, we’re going through Barnardos as local authority are useless. We had our first contact with Barnardos last August and we should be going to panel around June and from there we start searching. The whole process with them will take around 18 months. We also wasted a year with local authorities.

We’re adopting two siblings and can’t wait. 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

The gist of the documentary was that you’re more likely to conceive if your missus has a good time. So this approach that so many women adopt making it very clinical and business-like actually lessens the chances of having a baby.

I totally agree with the above, having conceived 6 times – and not easily I don’t fall pregnant easily, but know ithas to be at the right time and the sex has to be great

Some friend of mine were struggling and he mentioned that now it was for making babies there whole sex life had changed. I pointed out his wife may need to rethink her ‘lovely romantic’ conception and go with full on passion

mrsflash
    Free Member

or longer. But yes, you want to work backwards from the first day rather than forwards, no point doing it 14 days after day 1 of the cycle if she has a longer or shorter cycle tehan the “standard” 28 days. So for exacmple if she had a 35 day cycle you’d want to be concentrating your efforts around day 21ish.

Northwind

wwaswas – Member

I’ve no idea about the quality of my output. If it was anything like me on a bike, they all wheezed up the tricky bits, got lost every now and again but got to where they needed to be at about the right time.

But your mates got there first.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I think you find the average time to ovulate is 14 days after the first day of your period. The variatiins in cyle leength affect the time after ovulation mainly. So you take 10 – 18 as being the fertile period

This causes problems in orthodox jews with long periods as the men arnt allowed near them for 7 days after the period stops – jeez I know some stuff

Buzzard
    Free Member

Cough Syrup is for her to drink 3 days before the ideal time (recomended dose once a day). It increases cervical mucous which improves the chances of your swimmers getting to the goal mouth – after that who knows. But it does work as intended thats for sure.

mrsflash
    Free Member

It’s more accurate to work on Luteal Phase I think, which is length of time between ovulation and next period, and tends to also be 14 days (which is why standard cycle is 28 days) – so for those with a longer cycle they will ovulate later but still have a 14 day LP. things (stress etc) can delay ovulation but I think you LP doesn’t change.

cheese@4p

Northwind – funny as!

v8ninety

improves the chances of your swimmers getting to the goal mouth

Thats the wrong goal. Aim a bit lower…

tymbian
    Free Member

A 69 will not help you at all. 😀

toys19
    Free Member

swimmers need time to develop. Take zinc bearing foods or supplements, it gives the swimmers more oooomph. Keep the target zone awash with swimmers, every couple of days is enough as they live about 4-5 days in the target zone. This takes the pressure off the timing thing forget about the timing, just have fun. Apparantly more passion helps – I think this is why alcohol contributes ” I loove you hic”

lipseal
    Free Member

The two main things that pissed me off was,couldn’t ride my bike and no caffeine. It’s meant to help with the quality assurance.

DrP

Your spermy friends will survive for 6 days.
    Her oeuf, once released, has 24 hours to meet a keen sperm, before it falls out her bum or something odd like that.
    Above are correct, with the idea that the egg is released circa 14 days before her period starts….

Ergo, you can only really fall pregnant by having sexy sex on 7 days of the cycle…..

Unless you’re 16 and met the guy at a party – then it can happen at any time, with 3 forms of contraception….it seems….

DrP

wrecker
    Free Member

Her oeuf, once released, has 24 hours to meet a keen sperm, before it falls out her bum or something odd like that.

Best doctor ever. I want you to be my GP.

emsz
    Free Member

before it falls out her bum or something odd like that.

Med degree from Argos catalogue?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha sums my memory up – remembering more about random sexual practices rather than the details that might be useful!

wrecker
    Free Member

DrP, do you agree that 3 days is the perfect vintage for jizz?

DrP

DrP, do you agree that 3 days is the perfect vintage for jizz?

Shudders that someone would think I’m able to quantify that statement….

DrP

rogerthecat
    Free Member

OP – Good luck, we anticipated a few months happy practicing. Son No1 result of first go unprotected, Son No2 result of celebrating Son No1’s 1st birthday unprotected – what are the chances…..I was disconnected from the mains as soon as he had arrived safely.

Hope it works out whichever route you choose, metaphorically of course!

wrecker
    Free Member

An update for any of those interested. MrsW is preggers 😀 GO SPERM!
    It seems she was already up the duff when I started this thread.
    First scan was last week, and the results are good. I’m absolutely over the moon. In case anyone ever considers missing the first scan; DON’T.
    It is amazing seeing your baby for the first time.
    Thanks for all of the advice, particularly darcy who has been very helpful and patient…..

shermer75
    Free Member

So, what’s the verdict then? Fresh recruits or veteran soldiers?

shermer75
    Free Member

Congratualtions btw!!

wrecker
    Free Member

So, what’s the verdict then? Fresh recruits or veteran soldiers?

Not sure, don’t have the diary to hand 😀 . She got whatever I had….
    I’m convinced stroke timing is everything.

Thanks!

D0NK

In case anyone ever considers missing the first scan; DON’T.

before our two I thought (and still do) that scan pics are just fuzzy blobs, seeing the live image is pretty ******* special tho 😀

Well done!

tomhoward

Congratulations!

Good thread, seems i missed it the first time around!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘babymaking…….’ is closed to new replies.