Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • baby watch continues….
  • sandwicheater

Jim, I’d be really surprised if they didn’t let you stay if you wished.

Hold on, it’s a trap!! If you choose to go home you have failed!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Jim, I’d be really surprised if they didn’t let you stay if you wished.

Our hospital was pretty good, In the Labour Room I could stay all night. but a couple hours after birth she was put on the maternity ward (open ward) so i was told to go home, visiting for partners was 9am-9pm

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Anyways, anything STW dads didn’t put in the hospital bag that they wish they had?

A key for the front door of the hospital would have been useful.
    The parking ticket has a time of arrival of 03:22 and the kid time of birth was around 3:28. Most of the intervening time was spent banging on the door of the maternity wing trying to get the security guard to open up.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

back from the hospital. they put a pessary in, and said standby. asked if we could do that at home, and after some umping and ahhing we got discharged. have to give it 24 hours now!

sweaman2
    Free Member

Have everything crossed for you. Sweamrs2 is due in a week and we can both sympathise.

chojin
    Free Member

The pessary probably won’t do too much so don’t hold your breath.
    The drip will really get the show on the road however.

(Disclaimer: I’m no doctor!)

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

She’s here!

Pessary in @ 2100 yesterday, waters broker @ 0130, had a load of meconium in the waters so a bit of a panicked rush to hospital. things started going very quickly once we got there. Epidural went in just in the ice of time and at 0531, Mrs JB did an amazing job and delivered our first child, a little girl.

I can honestly say that nothing has ever prepared me for a moment like that. THE most intense experience of my life, fascinating, scary, exhilarating. beautiful.

Have popped home to walk the dog and tidy the house a bit. she’s staying in tonight, and coming home in the morning.

I won’t be forgetting today in a hurry! *getting dusty in here again*

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

May I be the first to congratulate.
    Ive been waiting ages to do so 🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

pics or it didn’t happen

welldone all

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well done to MrsJB.

Hope it all goes well from here on. As a father of 3 girls I can let you into a secret….. girls are fab 😀

dooosuk
    Free Member

Congrats. Enjoy your last night of sleep if you manage to get some tonight.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Congratulations 🙂

I can honestly say that nothing has ever prepared me for a moment like that. THE most intense experience of my life, fascinating, scary, exhilarating. beautiful.

It’s funny how having had one still doesn’t prepare you for doing it again and the above still holds true second time around!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Outstanding, Jimbo, outstanding! Heartfelt congratulations to you and your family! (Sounds odd, doesn’t it? 🙂 )

Scamper
    Free Member

worth the wait, well done to you both! Take a deep breath and have a relaxing beer tonight.

After being told it may be a long wait, Mrs scamper has started her contractions 36 hrs ago with a due date today. an initial panic of them being close together they are still erratic so she is cracking on with the ironing!

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

home now, watching olympics, with little Annie sleeping on my chest while Mrs JB gets some sleep. Confused dog is looking on, but seems happy to see the new addition.

Had a really nice night of hanging out with the new family last night. Not daunting at all felt perfectly natural. It’s all a bit special innit!?

not that excited about going back to work!

right, promise not to pollute STW with any more proud dad content. 🙂

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    At the frankly worthwhile risk of repeating previously given advice, stay north, do not venture south. It’s like watching your favourite pub go up in flames.

This, just for expectant Dads is tosh. it’s totally fine. I’d liken it more to having a basic single bladed pen knife but then realising it’s actually the big fat swiss army bad boy knife that can do lots of things very well.

All is well, BTW!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All is well, BTW!

Really pleased for you all, Jimbo. Great to hear! 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘baby watch continues….’ is closed to new replies.