Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Baby video monitor.
  • matt_outandabout

A risk does not diminish just because we have not direct experience of it; and risk assessing is not driven through extreme incidents or highly unusual incidents.
    We all view the world the way we want, through our own lens.
    For me, the issue is that at some point your daughter will need to start managing risks for herself. She will learn through a bump falling out of bed, that falling off high things hurt. By the time she is 16, out with mates and someone says ‘dare you to jump off that wall…’, will she be equipped with the memory that falling hurts and how to manage it, or will she go for it?

soulrider
    Free Member

my big lad – in a toddler bed (no bed guard) by 18months – (now 3.5 and in a full height single bed)
    The little one same 18months in the toddler bed (nearly 2 now) – last night had to swing his legs back into bed as he was hanging out of it.

had no issues – only used an Audio monitor (so I can go spannering in the garage when the wife is out and I can chat back to them when they are still wide awake at 2100 without having to go ack into them)

the shelves – make sure they are pinned to the wal as a previous poster said.
    You are being overly paranoid and worried. dont pander let them grow and learn.

GrahamS

..you just need to Google to see the arguments against using them

Yeah I’ve seen the arguments. The two main points seem to be that A) some badly designed covers actually expose the live terminal B) kids could use the cover itself to lift socket shutters.

A) is countered by choosing better designed covers. B) is a definitely a risk BUT kids could also use an actual normal plug to do exactly the same thing (or a pencil, crayon etc etc).

To be honest I don’t think it’s a massive risk either way. The main reason I use them these days is that it looks neater. Plus it stops crap and gunk accumulating in seldom used sockets.

soulrider
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    when she did what?
    Snapped under the constant pressure of glaring eyes tracking her every movement?

Dude, just go to Argos or Currys or somewhere and buy the most expensive Baby Camera that they have in stock.

The wisdom of STW , who between them have safely raised hundreds of kids to adulthood is clearly lost on you.

Cuddle 😆 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Cuddle

Not now…….Daddy’s watching.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Baby video monitor.’ is closed to new replies.