Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Baby sleeping bag?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Forgot to sort out the nipper's sleeping arrangements. Anyone know of a good place to get baby sleeping bags suitable for a cool Scottish night? We had a sort of fleecy job but it's a tad small now. She's the size of a 6 month old.

fubar
    Free Member

Mothercare etc sell 'Gro Bags' and their own-brand version..only 2.5 tog though so might want to double-bag or an extra layer of clothing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well gro-bags don't cover their arms do they? I'd sooner not have to wrap her up in loads of layers as well as one of those things cos it'll make changing etc easier.

I wanted an actual sleeping bag but I guess no-one does them.

woody2000

What about this? Vango Escape

aviemoron
    Free Member

Try here our bairn seems happy – can't talk yet, but sleeps with a smile!

fubar
    Free Member

Some with arms here…
    vertbaudet
    but not 'real' sleeping bags like the Vango above
    (I'd expect my wriggling daughter, including her head, would disappear into the bottom of a regular sleeping bag but perhaps I'm being overly cautious)

igm

Your more likely to wrap them up to much than too little. Grab a grobag and a fleece blanket (Tesco has them normally) to use if it gets well cold.

lister

we've got a Vango NiteStar which is great. A great nights sleep without any wriggling problems.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

We didn't take our daughter camping until she was about 9-10 months old. It was a cold spring (5 degrees overnight) in Derbyshire and her 2.5tog Grobag wasn't going to cut it so my wife and I zipped our 2 alpkit500 sleeping bags together and Poppy(wearing a vest and a polartec 200 all-in-one slept inbetween us.

BigCol
    Free Member

Our little fella in a vango nitestar at 6 months (camping in peaks in late september):

and now at 18 months:

He always gets on really well with it, and never ends up too far out of it despite being a bit of a wriggler!

He sometimes uses a vango nitestar 300XL too:

Col

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

how'd you fit a travel cot in your tent, is it a TARDIS?

molgrips
    Free Member

Bigcol – adorable 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Tie a belt around the base of a standard adult bag to stop them disappearing down to the end.

BigCol
    Free Member

Thanks molgrips 🙂

BoCW – it's quite a big tent (well by our standards anyway!)!

tent link

It has two 'double rooms', we unzip the partition between the two and the travel cot straddles the join. We can then sleep either side of him so either person can get to him without having to disturb the other!

chakaping
    Free Member

Very cute BigCol. Looks a lot like you.

Hope you named him LittleCol.

VanHalen

whats wrong with a normal grobag and babygrow?

mugsys_m8

we use one of the armless sleeping bags even at home (except now in the simmer here in France).

He always used to sleep in the tent in just that, and if it was cold we'd put a duvet jaclet over him (again I'm talking France camping here).

When about 6 months he would sleep in his car bed (lie flat job, not a maxi cosi). Now he's 19 months he sleeps on a normal mat, in a baby gro, and in a kids sleeping bag, which is folded underneath him. The belt trick described above can also help.

When just in the kids sleeping bag he would wriggle out. The belt/folding underneath trick is more for conserving his heat in a sensible s ag area (i.e no pint heating up all the sack if he's not using it as he will get colder (a common trick for small women/ kids too).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Baby sleeping bag?’ is closed to new replies.