Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Baby pics on Facebook
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Have you ever considered that humanity isn’t the greatest thing that has ever happened? That, if we were judged against some kind of cosmic yardstick we would be found wanting? A hubristic parasite that our space rock could do without?

Positing that is in itself inherently arrogant as there is no judgement – that’s a construct of ours that has **** our collective psyche. If the Earth rock travels for billions of years through space with an atmosphere, bacteria and Anthrax records or just as a barren rock, does it matter? If you cheat on your taxes or pop out a poo… so what? The greatest story you ever swallowed is the requirement to reproduce?

Acceptance of your inconsequentiality is inhuman and impossibly difficult, yet ultimately liberating.

grahamt1980

Cool story Bro.
    No photo of a hench chimp though

bencooper
    Free Member

Yet you post this on an internetty thing meant for discussing the riding of silly two-wheeled contraptions for pleasure? 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

Babies creep me out- there, ive said it.

Houns

*likes*

Mind you I can’t talk, I post loads of dog pictures

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’re annoyed that people put banal stuff on facebook? F-ACE-B-OOK?
    The window into the minds of the worlds idiots. I bet you’re on there and I bet most of what you post is utter shit.

grantway
    Free Member

I ride an Orange 5 AM

seavers
    Free Member

I ride an Orange 5 AM

That’s awesome grantway, thanks.

Anyhoo life without facebook really is quite nice…try it.

chewkw
    Free Member

Please speak English … 😆

MussEd
    Free Member

alpin
    Free Member

Have you ever considered that humanity isn’t the greatest thing that has ever happened?

every single **** day…

i find the idea of our existence entirely pointless…

TheFlyingOx

OP, earlier today:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWK87chHv-k[/video]

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/YPZS0WnHgH0[/video]

bigrich

write a sixth-form style poem about it.

igm

YGH – is on a roll. Anti-babies, wants to wind folk up at weddings and turns up on a Ford Galaxy thread to tell people that their lives are over.

Now I’m speculating wildly, but just found out the lass who left him at the altar (perhaps because he said he wasn’t ready for children yet) is expecting with her new partner?

crankboy
    Free Member

Well you can either enjoy life for the gift it is and babies are an incredibly fun facet of that gift well worth celebrating or take the long galactic nilist view and top yourself now after all what difference will it make in a few millennia.

DrP

I’m having fun, if it’s any condolence…?

DrP

stumpy01

yourguitarhero – Member

Have you ever considered that humanity isn’t the greatest thing that has ever happened? That, if we were judged against some kind of cosmic yardstick we would be found wanting? A hubristic parasite that our space rock could do without?

Not using words like hubristic or cosmic, but yes quite frequently.

I do find that the kind of people who spout this kind of stuff think they are the only people who have ever considered it and everyone else must be going round in some kind of blinkered, unthinking haze.

larrydavid
    Free Member

YGH – is on a roll. Anti-babies, wants to wind folk up at weddings and turns up on a Ford Galaxy thread to tell people that their lives are over.

Now I’m speculating wildly, but just found out the lass who left him at the altar (perhaps because he said he wasn’t ready for children yet) is expecting with her new partner?

He’s also on another thread recommending abortions for toddlers. YGH – I think you need to chill out.

On Facebook – well, it’s baby pictures, fat blokes riding bikes, cakes and parties (that I don’t get invited to on mine). So basically it’s all utterly pointless.

Final thought: given your misanthropic sentiment – have you ever considered taking a lead and ‘being the change you want to see’? Or does incumbency have privileges? In which case that’s not very principled, is it?

p.s. Don’t actually do the above obviously….

wrecker
    Free Member

Maybe he’s just found out he’s firing blanks?

traildog
    Free Member

What? I cannot see much point in Facebook other than seeing peoples kids growing up. If you want a chat you’d ring them.

Have you ever considered that humanity isn’t the greatest thing that has ever happened?

Yes, but without humanity there would be no Facebook, so humanity is probably the greatest thing in the world of Facebook.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dear OP,

PARKLIFE!

Yours, etc,

Teh Interwebz

MussEd
    Free Member

There you are Professor Brian Cock. Nihilism and a cute baby…

retro83
    Free Member

igm – Member

Posted 2 hours ago #

ouch! 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

Is this because you didn’t buy the Look?

shermer75
    Free Member

BigJohn

It’s OK. We won’t be here long. We’re just borrowing the planet for a few million years until the bacteria take it back again.

Gunz
    Free Member

If the Earth rock travels for billions of years through space with an atmosphere, bacteria and Anthrax records or just as a barren rock, does it matter?

There’s your problem YGH, drop the thrash metal you sound much more like a Fields of the Nephilim person to me.

mogrim

There’s your problem YGH, drop the thrash metal you sound much more like a Fields of the Nephilim person to me.

Yeah, but he’s going to hate Moonchild. That’s all about babies, probably.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I must admit I have been tempted to post “well done, you f****d your partner, a reflex action so basic that even monkeys do it without thinking.”

davosaurusrex

I do think that we could all do with looking up at the stars and considering the vastness of the universe a bit more often. We are but grains of sand on an infinite beach.
    But then, what are you gonna do? You say tomato, I say tomayto, let’s call the whole thing off. Etc.

hooli

I have mixed feelings about this one.

The point of it being your facebook page is you post what is important to you at that time – that could be a baby, cycling, wedding, dog, photography, fishing, god bothering etc. If people don’t like it then they can hide or unfriend you.

The people I cant understand are the ones who are on facebook all the time but don’t ever add anything themselves. If everybody did this then Facebook would be empty and these people would moan about that too

Gunz
    Free Member

Have you ever looked at the stars and instead of thinking ‘I’m looking up’, thought ‘I’m looking down and only prevented from falling off into the abyss by gravity’.
    I did this in my younger days when I was, shall we say, ‘spatially confused’ and I nearly threw up.

slowoldman

The greatest story you ever swallowed is the requirement to reproduce?

Well it is what “it’s all about” really. Though it’s not obligatory on an individual basis.

igm

To be fair actually I’m not that keen on babies.

On the other hand, 4 year olds getting how to pedal and not fall off, or 9 year olds managing 12 miles of Dalby including multiple trips round Dixons Hollow – now that’s pure dead brilliant.

DrP

Have you ever looked at the stars and instead of thinking ‘I’m looking up’, thought ‘I’m looking down and only prevented from falling off into the abyss by gravity’.

Ooh..I just did this (actually, just thought about it) and came over all dizzy!
    Trippy!

DrP

CountZero

Positing that is in itself inherently arrogant as there is no judgement – that’s a construct of ours that has **** our collective psyche. If the Earth rock travels for billions of years through space with an atmosphere, bacteria and Anthrax records or just as a barren rock, does it matter? If you cheat on your taxes or pop out a poo… so what? The greatest story you ever swallowed is the requirement to reproduce?

Acceptance of your inconsequentiality is inhuman and impossibly difficult, yet ultimately liberating.
    I’ve read that through that several times, and I’m still trying to work out the connection to people posting photos of their children for friends and relatives to see.
    My relatives post photos of their kids on Fb, because it’s easier than trying to cc a bunch of photos via email to a couple of dozen different people.
    Like most things, the simple answer is to not look at them, if you find the concept distasteful, but some people prefer to rant on a bike forum, as if that cause the issue to spontaneously vanish.
    I have news for you, son; it won’t. Get over it.

Cougar

I think it’s all about moderation.

People are going to post about things they’re excited about, so I totally get wanting to post a couple of pictures of your new baby / dog / bike / whatever. But when your entire stream is nothing but hundreds of near-identical photos of the latest addition to your life and looks, frankly, like every other baby / bike / cheese sandwich in the world ever, it’s of interest to precisely no-one but yourself.

See also, same-pose duck-face selfies.

piemonster

I think it’s all about moderation.

Well, you would say that wouldn’t you.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

But when your entire stream is nothing but hundreds of near-identical photos of the latest addition to your life and looks, frankly, like every other baby / bike / cheese sandwich in the world ever, it’s of interest to precisely no-one but yourself.

Which is why I unfollowed my nephews (soon to be ex) wife. All she put on was, ‘oohh George sat on his potty, isn’t he ever so clever, George ate all his rusks, George slept for 3 hours, George kept us awake all night bless him, George has a poorly tummy, George broke the world record for the most boring posts on Facebook ever’
    Naff off It’s a bloody kid FFS.

I hate kids me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Baby pics on Facebook’ is closed to new replies.