Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Baby P killer out again but do watch out for his human rights
  • iolo
    Free Member

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/475208/Baby-P-killer-Jason-Owen-will-escape-close-follow-ups-because-of-human-rights-fear

“Due to the nature of his crime there are still a lot of people who would like to do serious harm to him.”

Poor guy.

I just remembering reading all injuries caused to that poor child and an actual tear rolled down my cheek.
    Personally I would let him rot in jail being beaten on a daily basis but apparently you can’t do that.

MSP

I am surprised that he is getting out so soon, however this is just a nonsense anti human rights story with no foundation in facts.

kimbers

wow the express , youre having to look hard to find things to be outraged about

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m gonna go with troll for this

Personally I would let him rot in jail being beaten on a daily basis but apparently you can’t do that

Apparently that would lower us to his level of scumness?

grum
    Free Member

‘A well-placed probation source’ aka ‘we made this up’

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, ooh, I must spend a bit of time wringing my hands to find the right thing to say before I post…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The article is based on “a well-placed probation source” so it’s difficult to be sure that there is some substance behind the story that he will “escape close follow-ups” or whether the Daily Express created a story of interest for their readers.

A named source would have been more convincing, although the story has obviously interested the OP, so job done I guess.

DezB
    Free Member

..hmm, getting there… something about how terrible a person the OP is, rather than the baby killer.. getting there…

cynic-al
    Free Member

*yawns*

Junkyard
    Free Member

Officers fear too much scrutiny could see him going to the European Court of Human Rights

What a load of complete and utter shite designed to make folk think the Human rights legislation helps a baby killer
    No facts there at all and IMHO it is entirely without foundation and completely made up.

FWIW I asked a well-placed probation sourceand they told me the express is talking out is arse and making it all up.

there you go it must be true as i just used some facts 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

*yawns*

Yawns?! Come on man! This is the sort of stuff this forum thrives on!! We get to all have a go at each other!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Yay! Another cheery iolo thread.

I preferred it when he was just coming on to Brant.

MoreCashThanDash

While I have a lot of concerns regarding the facts around the case and the sentence and apparent terms of release, not sure jumping to react to a trolling headline is the best way to have my concerns addressed.

ransos
    Free Member

Personally I would let him rot in jail being beaten on a daily basis but apparently you can’t do that.

That’s the thing about human rights – they’re universal.

cynic-al
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    *yawns*

Yawns?! Come on man! This is the sort of stuff this forum thrives on!! We get to all have a go at each other!!!

I know Dez, but can’t we do stuff like Hope vs Shimano?

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve not read the article (not clicking on an Express link ffs) but if it’s “a well placed probation source” complaining then it’s probably more a reflection of the current government’s intentions with regard to “reform” of offender management (which, by the way, are terrible) than this particular case.

oh, and iolo, I think we’re all familiar with your vengeance-based justice policies by now, thanks for that.

MSP

I know Dez, but can’t we do stuff like Hope vs Shimano?

Human rights legislation has put an end to Hope!

(That the kind of thing?)

GrahamS

Officers fear too much scrutiny could see him going to the European Court of Human Rights.

Isn’t funny how often the European Court of Human Rights is portrayed as some kind of it’s-PC-garn-mad bad guy?

Not that we are against human rights you understand.

Cameron has been saying for years how much he wants out of it. But just turning to the electorate and saying “The Tory party don’t like human rights” would be a PR disaster, so instead we get a suspiciously steady trickle of stories about their “ridiculous” decisions to slowly undermine them in the minds of the public.

Seems to be working too.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

if it’s “a well placed probation source” complaining then it’s probably more a reflection of the current government’s intentions with regard to “reform” of offender management

So a disgruntled probation officer, a newspaper desperate for a story, and a readership waiting to be shocked and outraged. All presumably fairly satisfied then ?

molgrips
    Free Member

We all have human rights – even the scum.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

saying “The Tory party don’t like human rights” would be a PR disaster

Indeed it would be. No one likes a PM who doesn’t know their grammar.

GrahamS

Innit though

munrobiker
    Free Member

I don’t get this “human rights is a bad thing” standpoint. Human rights are a good thing- they let families stay together, stop people being hurt, working harder than they should or doing things that they shouldn’t have to do.

This man has served the punishment that the British legal system has seen fit, this does not include being beaten up by ignorant members of society for all eternity.

There are rare occasions where they seem to be an inconvenience, but on the whole they are a great basis for civilised society.

RobHilton
    Free Member

No likes a PM who doesn’t know their grammar.

Nice pedantry

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀 @ Rob H!

GrahamS

But he is a very bad man you see munrobiker.

Human Rights are only meant to apply to nice people, ideally only in ways that benefit them.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nice pedantry

You should patiently wait until the end of the editing time to lapse before hitting the send button, like I do. I’ve edited my post now to teach you a lesson.

BTW I’m a building worker, not a PM, so poor grammer is expected of me. Anything else is treated with great suspicion

aracer
    Free Member

I’m just surprised that iolo couldn’t find a more interesting story in the DE – following that link it doesn’t even appear to be their most popular current article…

konabunny
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“He changed his faith about two months ago and is growing a bear,” a source told The Sun on Sunday.

There we have it again….a “source”. How can we be sure he’s growing a bear ?

binners

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just had a look at the Express site.

Do they actually do any real news, or is it all just click-bait?

konabunny
    Free Member

Did you read their article “7 Signs You Might Be Reading Clickbait?”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have you not seen the HuffPo’s Sideboob page? (Caution, contents not entirely SFW!)

GrahamS

Blimey that Mirror story is even worse:

Baby P killer Jason Owen has reportedly become a Muslim in prison to try to protect himself from attacks by fellow lags.

“There are about 30 Muslim prisoners in the jail and I think he’s converted so he gets some protection from them.”

Yeah – because the one thing those dastardly Muslim types like is a baby killer. Pretty sure it’s in the Koran or something 🙄

Also, how do 30 prisoners offer “protection” in a prison of (presumably) a thousand odd inmates?

I think he’ll get a lot more protection from that bear he is growing:

“He changed his faith about two months ago and is growing a bear,” a source told The Sun on Sunday.

grum
    Free Member

They just needed to use the classic fail that the EU is responsible for the Human Rights Act to make it a near-perfect score.

Junkyard
    Free Member

how do 30 prisoners offer “protection” in a prison of (presumably) a thousand odd inmates?

Don’t you be bringing rational thinking to this thread

RobHilton
    Free Member

You should patiently wait until the end of the editing time to lapse before hitting the send button, like I do.

For seriously?

BTW I’m a building worker winner

FTFY :mrgreen:

poor grammer is expected of me

How about speeling?

FWIW I also work in an building…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh did I spell grammar wrong when I was talking of bad grammar ? How silly of me 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh did I spell grammar wrong when I was talking of bad grammar ? How silly of me

You did it on porpoise, didn’t you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Baby P killer out again but do watch out for his human rights’ is closed to new replies.