Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • baby girls names
  • Northwind

We were holding out for Megatron for my friend’s first son. It’s no more or less appropriate for a daughter though.

Gunz
    Free Member

Allow me to introduce Lily Kona Moran. The old ‘you pick the first name, I’ll pick the middle’, ruse worked perfectly.

I didn’t let her drink it by the way.

Cougar

no-one under 30 could have any possible reason to listen to that tosh..

You underestimate children. Moreover, children have parents.

yunki
    Free Member

You underestimate children

you overestimate Clapton

Cougar

No, I got some cream and it cleared up.

ratherbeintobago

Rogue

Just about possible a parent is an X-men fan?

I’ve just remembered there was a baby born to a couple of BBC Leeds breakfast listeners a while back (used to listen to it when I was commuting to Leeds every day). They called her Trinity Grace. Anyone guess where in W Yorks Mum & Dad lived?

Andy

gnusmas

the wife doesn’t want anything where there is likely to be loads of them in the playground with the same name so something usual without being strange our son is called phoenix if that helps
    we are also in Wales (but she doesn’t want a welsh name) but she was disappointed to find that her oldest s sons name James is pronounced jams with a welsh accent. she also doesn’t want anything that can be shortened
    not to much then lol

totalshell

lauryn

atlaz
    Free Member

Friend of mine is a huge Leeds fan so called his first daughter Ellen. Wife didn’t pick up on it luckily as she agreed to call the first-born son Ralf Mika after the F1 drivers on the understanding that was the end of sporting links.

Stick to standard names IMO and give child a crazy middle name.

Calling bullshit on that hora. I have two unusual names and the only one I got ripped for at school was my middle name. If you’re going to pick a different name, put it right out there, don’t hide it.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve always liked the name Hannah – if we’d had a daughter instead of 2 boys that’s the name we would have gone for.

I know a couple of people called Ailsa, it’s not too common and most folk call them Ailie.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got a Jessica, Laura and a Chloe. So you can’t have any of those ‘cos I’ve got them already.

donsimon
    Free Member

Alicia.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Mastiles Fanylion-my youngest is Evie Grace too. I hope yours isn`t as feisty as mine!

yunki
    Free Member

I met a Welsh lad who’s mum referred to him, and his five older brothers, and two sisters, as Prricey, with a different intonation to indicate which was which..

Murray

Knew a very nice girl in Sweden called Liselotte.

donsimon
    Free Member

Knew a very nice girl in Sweden Liverpool called Liselotte Martini.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Bond

Cougar

Knew a very nice girl in Sweden called Liselotte.

Was she not very honest?

maccruiskeen

put the letters QC after any full name you choose. If it sounds ridiculous

You’re thinking far too long term. You’ll be long dead before your kids have that to worry about. Think in the short term – when they are a precious little 6 year old shit and you are the mother I saw in the supermarket the other day having to yell “Autumn! Autumn! Autumn! Autumn! Autumn! ……. Autumn! Autumn! for christ sake Autumn put that down……. are you listening? Autumn? Autumn?…… Autumn! Autumn! Autumn! ”

wwaswas

If you’re looking for a name to shout proudly in public then ‘Fenton’ has to be the right choice, surely?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpONxJ7JSw[/video]

Cougar

If you’re looking for a name to shout proudly in public then ‘Fenton’ has to be the right choice, surely?

If it’s twins, you have to name the other Jesus Christ.

martinhutch

Urethra is a beautiful name. Classy too.

Cougar

“Autumn”

Probably spelt “Orteme” or something too.

Cougar

Urethra is a beautiful name. Classy too.

Yeah, but all the other kids would take the piss.

maccruiskeen

we were watching that cheesy awful 80s/ early 90s Mission Impossible series that seemed have just one sound effect for throwing a knike “Fffwhhhhheeee-doopf” – thought that would be a good name for an unruly dog

wwaswas

Yeah, but all the other kids would take the piss.

Didn’t seem to harm Urethra Franklin’s singing career.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Jolly Green Giant – Member
    Mastiles Fanylion-my youngest is Evie Grace too. I hope yours isn`t as feisty as mine!

No she is the calm(er) of the two. It’s lil’ Izzi that is the feisty one. Busy, Whizzy Izzi. Very. Never stops, even tosses around in bed when asleep. Burns off so much energy she is only 10kg at 3yrs old 😯

freeagent
    Free Member

I have two girls – aged 21 months and 5 years..

Amelia Grace, and Charlotte Louisa.

All the names have appeared in either mine or my wifes family at some point over the last 100 years…

We also had Bronwyn, Aurelia and emily on the short-list.

boxbuster
    Free Member

My best mates little girls called Skye, always thought that’s a nice name

klumpy
    Free Member

Batgirl!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

transporter13 – Member

19 months ago we used

OpheliaPlease tell me you share a surname with the Shadow Chancellor?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Ffion

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

monkey_boy – Member

FfionFingers crossed she doesn’t develop a stutter.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Jessica, I like French names too, Leonie or Ariane.

aa
    Free Member

my barber has a boy called fenton, no lie.

donsimon
    Free Member

Fingers crossed she doesn’t develop a stutter.

chewkw
    Free Member

I rather like these …

Agatha(Greek)
    Edith(English)
    Hilda(German)

Cougar

Are you 70?

Pigface
    Free Member

Please don’t give your daughter a boys name ie Sam, Nicki, Charlie etc all the girls I have ever met with those names have been utterly nuts. I think they are confused or something.

ocrider

Living in France, as we do, we thought that we should give her an easy monosyllabic name, simple to spell and pronounce.

We decided on Niamh 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘baby girls names’ is closed to new replies.