Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Baby Driver.
  • colournoise

Brilliant piece of film-making.

That is all.

Merak

2nd’ed
    Went to see it tonight, just excellent. Killer soundtrack.

colournoise

Merak – Member
    2nd’ed
    Went to see it tonight, just excellent. Killer soundtrack.

Killer use of soundtrack too.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yes yes yes! Great fun and highly appropriate just after you pass your driving test 😉

v8ninety

Rubbish name for a film though. I am curious despite the title, rather than because of it

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, the name is crap, almost as bad as Gangster Squad and the premise makes it seem like it’s going to be a terrible bit of cheesy film for kids – but everyone is raving about it saying how it’s great, I’m going to have to see it.

vondally
    Free Member

ohhhhh so knowingly achingly cool……truly brilliant with some minor flaws….a must see

colournoise

vondally – Member
    ohhhhh so knowingly achingly cool……truly brilliant with some minor flaws….a must see

Very much so. I’ve always liked Edgar Wright’s films, but I think he’s now taken over from Danny Boyle as my director crush…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it. Hyper stylised and dare I say it, the only musical I’ve ever actually liked.

There’s a bit of a drag in act 2 which is a good time to go for a pee, but otherwise I think it’s ace

funkmasterp

My curiosity was piqued until I read the word musical.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Not a musical, a film with music intergral to it. No one bursts into unexpected and Inappropriate song..

The title is the name of the protagonist and what he does and there is a musical link. Don’t be put off.

Jon Hamm and Jamie Foxx are excellent in it, and Kevin Spacey doesn’t overact for once.

I think it’s brilliant.

soundninjauk

It’s not a musical. It does have the best use of music in a film that I’ve seen for a long while. It’s glorious.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I have to admit to having Brighton Rock on in the car and maybe not driving within the law after watching Baby Driver. 😳 😆

newrobdob
    Free Member

…. and then chilling out with some Dave Brubeck. 8)

funkmasterp

Interest regained, off to watch the trailer. People throwing the word musical around without realising the damage it can do 😉

ebennett

Absolutely loved it, one of those films where you come out grinning ear to ear! We had radar love on the way home, great until you hit an average speed limit zone 😥

soma_rich
    Free Member

Loved it, was just at the NZ premier with Edgar Wright and Peter Jackson giving a great little Q&A afterwards. I purchased the soundtrack as some of the tracks are classics I had not heard before 🙂

mcnultycop

Not seen a film that good for ages.

oikeith

good to hear some positive reviews, I remember the first trailer I saw pitched the movie at the more serious end of the scale, more recent trailers I have seen have been rejigged to make it light and funny.

lucien

Awesome, just got back. Killer Soundtrack, good character development, interesting plot and good acting. Go and watch, you won’t be disappointed

rs
    Free Member

Guess its on the to see list, downloading the soundtrack for a listen on the way home tonight.

dudleycon93
    Free Member

Oh the rating is so high as well. Really can’t wait to watch that movie. But the main character looks kinda young. Not complaining but just saying.

Merak

Don’t listen to the soundtrack first, that’s akin to finding your Christmas presents before you open them. Don’t Google it either just go and watch it.

theotherjonv

went and saw it earlier. Brilliant, very clever use of music, great choices as well.

I drove my S-Max home at 32mph IN A 30 LIMIT!! Flame me!

rs
    Free Member

Don’t listen to the soundtrack first, that’s akin to finding your Christmas presents before you open them. Don’t Google it either just go and watch it.

Haha, too late! and you’re right, I was like what’s all this pish!

DezB
    Free Member

Just saw it. Pretty good, lots of laughs. Most of the music is actually cheesy rubbish, apart from Jon Spencer right at the start. But it fits the film so well it’s enjoyable.

main character looks kinda young

Duh! Baby… 😆

lazybike
    Free Member

I was a bit disappointed, I thought it was a bit slow, sort of a bad car gymkhana video..and the music during the shootout was laugh out loud funny. On the plus side the first ten minutes held my interest.

siwhite
    Free Member

I read somewhere that they chose the music before shooting the scenes, and shot the action with the music in mind. as a consequence the action is matched to the music very well.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Saw it tonight on the basis of this thread.

Verdict: nicely shot, but weak plot and stylised sequences let it down massively.

4/10

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Baby Driver.’ is closed to new replies.