Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • baby carrier backpacks
  • andywarner
    Free Member

18 month old is ready for the great outdoors. any suggestions for a good backpack carrier that won't break the bank?

igm

We have a Littlelife. I also hear good things about Macpac.

Whatever you go for spend as much cash and time deciding as you would for a high end long distance trekking pack. You will be carrying a lot of weight in it and a good belt and harness is mandatory.

shoei
    Free Member

Can recommend Macpac. Very comfy having a proper rucksack back with lots of adjustments. Kids used to love it being carried apart from when they'd pinch my hat.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Macpac vamose ( I think that's how it's spelt) quality bit of kit, carry kids upto four year old and they spread the load well over your back. Not cheap but you can wear them all day with no issues

Marmoset
    Free Member

Macpac's can be cheap if you sell them later. Bought my vamoose for £90 off ebay a few years back, just sold it to my boss for £80. Was really comfy but I found that it got very little use in incleement weather – the tots staying still just don't stay warm.

igm

ebay buys are fine, but check that the model fits you first. Macpacs are too short in the back for me (but then I have a monster back and short legs). Others may be too broad or narrow in the shoulder. Take the time and get a good fit.

franksinatra

we have the older version of this
    littlelife carrier

Use it everyday, it is excellent. Massive storage pocket for lunch, nappies etc, usefull instep for supporting rucksack when loading kiddie and by far the most comfortable fit of any pack I have used (including top end expedition packs) Simple design that works well, worth every penny!

montylikesbeer

macpack very good

andywarner
    Free Member

cheers folks very useful got my eye on a couple on ebay now

grtdkad

We used our macpac for three kids over 10 years … really good quality. Make sure you get one with the sun canopy and rain cover though…enjoy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘baby carrier backpacks’ is closed to new replies.