Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Baby bird fallen from nest – what to do?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Still alive but not looking great

Anything worth trying? (no recipes thanks)

druidh
    Free Member

Stir fry

Jamie
    Free Member

Leave it.

Circle of life/death and all that.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

roast for 7 min and rest for 3?

allthepies
    Free Member

casserole ?

cheez0
    Free Member

leave it.

the bird will call out and its parents will feed it. Or not.

U pick it up its fukked for sure.

leave it.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Feed it, raise it as your own, then train it to do your bidding.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    scaredypants

if it’s a baby robin, leave home now – before it gets hungry

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nowt you can do. Try to put it back in the nest but don’t hold out any great hopes and don’t interfere at all if multiple babies still in the nest.

Dancake
    Free Member

Give it to an old cat, so it can relive it’s youth (the cat, not the bird)

Cougar

In seriousness, the RSPB has some advice.

leffeboy

didn’t know that ‘fledge’ was a verb but probably should have, nice. Have to add that to my vocabulary for the week along with ‘weapons grade munter’

Not particularly the right thing to do and unfortunately no happy ending, but I have a little anecdote to relate to your predicament….

Living in a Peak District village as a youngster (probably 9/10yrs old), I found a chick that had fallen out of it’s nest and naively took it home. My parents advised me to take it back to where I found it and see if the mother came to find it.

I did take it back and after what seemed like forever (but was probably about 5 minutes) there was no show, so I trotted off home with said little birdie. I fed it bread, milk & worms and it lived with me in my bedroom quite happily in a cage for a while.

I even went on a camping trip from home with my parents (about a 4 mile walk from the house to a stone circle for Solstice – parents being hippies and all that). The bird either sat on my shoulder, or flew and hopped a few paces in front of me all the way there and back and even stayed in my tent.

The unhappy ending unfortunately came when we were back at home and lay in bed one night with the bird out of it’s cage – I fell asleep, only to awake in the morning to find that cuddling the bird I’d inadvertently smothered it under my duvet.

I was totally distraught and 30 years on it still saddens me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ouch

Trampus
    Free Member

TAFKASTR that is such a lovely story, apart from the crap ending!
    *virtual hippy hugs* 🙂

Ouch indeed Teej 🙁

Trampus – virtually hippy hugs back 🙂

I’d roll a fat one in it’s memory, but the frikking D&A testing on my jobs at the moment is a nightmare, so I’ll just raise a glass of JD instead….

Cletus

TAFKASTR – what type of bird was it?

samuri
    Free Member

Kill it, it’s a bird, not something important like a dog or someone good looking.

zokes
    Free Member

Kill it, it’s a bird, not something important like a dog cat or someone good looking.

FIFY, given most cat owners’ views that their cats would never, ever, kill a wild creature…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Baby bird fallen from nest – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.