Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! BBC 2 now….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lambing Live is back!

Smashing.

emsz
    Free Member

Ahhhhh swweeeeeettttt

trailmonkey

are you welsh by any chance ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

Mmmmm… mint sauce…

brakes
    Free Member

this is really baaad – having lambs rammed down your throat, people bleating on for over an hour, do ewe really enjoy this?

martymac

whats it about then?

brakes
    Free Member

pheasant plucking

IHN

Kate Humble. I would.

martymac

yeah, me too.

brakes
    Free Member

mmmm, bed bath from Kate Humble

Spongebob
    Free Member

Always reminds me of a nasty greek island holiday i went on. We all got bussed to a remote beach for a BBQ, you know, one of those expensive rep. excursions.

There was a hut on the beach where they did all the cooking and there was a cute little lamb tethered outside. We all sat around drinking and watching the sun set, but feeling slight concern for the animal’s fate.

Then one of the chefs came with a cleaver in hand and took this creature inside. This raised a few eyebrows and one or two said they no longer felt hungry.

He emerged a few minutes later with blood on his hands and no “lamby”!!. This shocked everyone and a lot of the women were in tears.

Then a few minutes later, the joker brought lamby back out again, much to the relief of the punters.

Well I guess they had to entertain themselves some how.

I did wonder how long it would be until lamby bought it though!

emma82
    Free Member

I love lambing live – got to see my very first RL lamb be born this year, was a twin. Missed the first one come out but arrived just as number two came into the world. Was very pleased to see it for real!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some of the lambs over in the valley by Brechfa looked most tasty this weekend!

Tasty as in food, thankyouverymuch….

(Half Welsh, half English. I had to burn down my own holiday home…)

Pook

Blowoff the lamb?

I’d rather not thanks.

househusband
    Free Member

Kate Humble. I would.

I have.*

* May/may not be actually true, but I can be imaginative.

Junkyard
    Free Member

spongebob thank god you did not see the animal killed that you were eating …how awful sounds like it may have put you off eating it 💡

bananaworld
    Free Member

And coming in just a few months time, new to BBC2:

‘Lambing Death’ – all the lambs you knew and loved, killed for your viewing pleasure. Stock up on mint sauce and twiddle yer sheep-shaped keyrings in front of highlights of their shitty little lives.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Which part of the Eden valley is that farm. Can’t work it out.

Alphabet

I was lambing live yesterday afternoon.

Meet Bill and Ben 😀

I’ve told them to get a move on with that grass but it’s a big field and they’re only small!

Kuco

Be a long wait if JoB had to deliver them 😉

geoffj

Be a long wait if JoB had to deliver them

Boom Tish! 😆

Moses

It’s just by Kirkby Stephen station.
    Have you seen the scary statue of Loki in chains in the church? Definitely not Christian.

Mrs M is tranfixed by the programme. Farmer’s daughter, you see.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Lambs are great, sheep less so.

Bunnyhop

I love it.
    Was disappointed they didn’t have ‘herdwick’ they’re my favourite.

Stayed on a farm once when they were lambing near Dalby forest, yes the farmer’s wife cooked us last years lamb for tea.

Alphabet – Bill and Ben are gorgeous, what breed are they?

PJay
    Free Member

I do tend to think (perhaps from my veggi point of view) that it gives a rather rosy view of farming, sort of propaganda for the farming industry. Things would come across a rather differently if they followed the lambs through the slaughterhouse. Just because it’s out of sight doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Depends on your point of view I suppose but it feels rather disconnected.

Alphabet

Bunnyhop – They’re Shetland.

Ours are for lawn mowing only. Not for eating.

beargotsoul

PJay they did the slaughter house thing last year, I suspect they will do the same again this year.

chakaping
    Free Member

Be a long wait if JoB had to deliver them

LOL.

Saw lots of lambies in N Wales over weekend, shame I didn’t have my 2yo daughter with me.

PJay
    Free Member

PJay they did the slaughter house thing last year, I suspect they will do the same again this year.

Well, well done to them if they did, I didn’t realise that. I think that it’s good to give the whole picture, it’s more balanced that way and I do think that the little baa lambs gamboling in the field view is rather different to the mechanised slaughter house reality. ‘Tis just a point of view though.

I do like lambs but I have to say, young calves are pretty sweet too. Locally there’s a field with a number of Scottish hairy coos in (a bit out of place for Somerset) and we’ve seen a couple of new borns there – amazingly cute.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Happy animals are tasty animals. Showing animals which are well farmed and well slaughtered should, I hope, cement the idea that people should buy quality meat at all times.

Some of the lambs over Brechfa way looked superbly happy/tasty!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lambs taking over now! Eating La Humble’s cue cards! Marvellous!

Bunnyhop

Who said working with animals and young children is hard?
    I think Kate handled the situation very well.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! BBC 2 now….’ is closed to new replies.