Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BA tickets £200 vs Swissair £450
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Flying out 7th June and back on the 11th

What do you reckon save £250 and risk the strike?

How many flights are getting out during stikes at the moment?

UK to Switzerland if that affects things?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I think there is something like 75% of flights going. I think they're flying to all routes but maybe a reduced number of flights a day.

If it's out of Gatwick then IIRC most of those flights are okay.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Heathrow.

Booked them anyway. They are cheaper than Easyjet and I can go with Easyjet and them reuse the tickets later if the strike is getting worse.

Pigface
    Free Member

Isn't Gatwick unaffected, looking for something to do in the next few months down New Forest way, any ideas?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Gatwick is largely unaffected as the terms that were brought in and originally instigated the strike are the same terms that Gatwick crew have been on for years already.

BA only fly to Geneva from Gatwick during the winter – BBB I know you fly to somewhere else don't you? You were telling me last weekend.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Zurich, Basel or Geneva. I actually work in Berne but the are no suitable flights there from the uk

Caher

I'd go swiss at the moment unless money is a really big factor. I fly from Zurich.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Cahar – I normally fly swiss and am in Zurich airport as I type this. Company pays and they keep bleating about cost. I have no problem being stuck in the uk as I still get paid

giantjason
    Free Member

I flew to Switzerland this morning with BA out of Heathrow. Of the 7 daily flights only 2 were cancelled although it does differ between weekends and weekdays. BA were very flexible in changing my booking to a flight that was going.

If your taking your bile beware as Swissair charge €70 each way!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I fly with BA during the flights and it was great, better than normal! I'd definately fly with BA still especially with that crazy price difference! Good luck. We are hoping the strikes are finished by 14th July so we don't have stresses when we go!

duntmatter
    Free Member

I never knew flying with bile was so expensive!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Most companies now charge to take your bike. 7 or so years ago it was free but they obviously clicked on rapidly. BA it is £32 per bike per way and gives you a 32kg limit for the bike, normal luggage limit is still 23kg. you don't even tell them it's a bike any more, you just purchase an additional bag of excess lugagge. It's weird though since all airlines are different. If you fly American Airlines you pay $50 and only get a bike allowance of 23kg!!

SirJonLordofBike1
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BA tickets £200 vs Swissair £450’ is closed to new replies.