Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • B+ quiver+killer/will it work in snow?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Finally rode my B+’d Horsethief recently, really loved the grip and cushion, seems to me this is the most versatile bike, esp in winter.

En route home I did mile ok the beach as an experiment. It was harder work on the soft stuff but seemed v usable.

I wondered if it could work on snow, I’d thought of building up another fat bike recently, snow rides really appeal, might I get away with it?

joemmo
    Free Member

You can ride almost any bike in snow, just depends how deep it is and how ambitious you are. I took my 37c shod cx bike out in the snow recently and it was great fun. Should be fine with fatter tyres

scotroutes

About as you’d expect Al. Less capable/versatile than a true fatbike but better than a non-plus tyre. Tread is also an issue. For “trail” use you want something with knobbles. On many types of snow (and sand) tread is counter-productive.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair point Colin, I guess I like to think I’d go out and do big day rides in the winter, in reality, uncompressed snow of significant depth is unlikely to be rideable (although narrow tyres are better at cutting through it IME, as above).

It’s the old question of whether can justify another bike when I’m not that likely to use it much. Now is the time to try tho I suppose!

scotroutes

I guess there’s an argument for the “quiver killer” being a fatbike with optional Plus and 29er wheels. That’s an approach I considered before settling on Plus for my custom Pact, but ditched it due to already having the 9ZERO7.

chakaping
    Free Member

I found B-plus hard work in the snow, but probably did make more stuff rideable than 2.3in 29er tyres.

Didn’t like how the tyres let go suddenly on off-camber bits though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘B+ quiver+killer/will it work in snow?’ is closed to new replies.