Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Aztec rotors from Evans any good?
  • mattyfez

Hi,

Just wondering if the cheaper aztec rotors are any good, or should I pay a bit more for a more recognised brand?

My reasoning is that they are just steel rotors, and they look OK.

I’m looking at 160/180 for xc /trail use.

Thanks!

Edit, I’m currently running generic tektro mechanical disk brakes and rotors but upgrading to hydraulic, either slx or sram level.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Aztec is Madison’s own brand of brake pads, rotors etc. They’re decent quality as you’d expect – on a par with Clarks, Fibrax or similar I’d say. We’ve used the rotors on our hire bikes and never had any issues.

Not sure why you’d feel the need to change the rotors from what you’ve currently got though, to be honest?

mattyfez

Thanks, I don’t think there’s anything particularly wrong with my current ones, exept they have a few thousand miles on them, and I’ve banged them back straight a few times so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to get new ones seeing as I’m upgrading the rest of the brake system.

So I guess I’m concerned about metal fatigue and possibly they might be worn, although I’ve generally only used organic pads as I prefer the feel, bearing in mind my brakes currently are cable pull rather than hydraulic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Aztec rotors from Evans any good?’ is closed to new replies.