Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • AyUp Delivery… Import Duty and VAt query
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

I bought two batteries of Ayup, grand total including delivery after currency conversion was £78.64

TNT have written a letter to me asking for reimbursement for Import Duty and Vat… as expected… but does £28.96 sound about right?

I am not too sure how it all works etc

It seems TNT are charging a flat rate of £15 on top of the 11.71 Import Duty, for a Deferment Process Fee.

Anyone dealt with TNT on this before? It seems a bit of a "nice little earner" for TNT as the option to use their deferment account or not wasnt given

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds disproportionate to what we paid on the group buy, but yeah, TNT's flat rate of £15 cannot be argued.
    Group order was about £360, duty invoice for £83

DezB
    Free Member

BTW, last time I paid Parcel Farce duty their fee was £10, but they don't deliver the stuff until you've paid them.

barrykellett
    Free Member

I've written to TNT to ask them to quantify the £15 charge and break it down to me how they came to that figure.

After doing a bit of digging on the net there appears to be quite a bit of fighting back from the consumer and not paying the £15 theft

I'll happily pay it if they can justify it… But in saying that, they already got $20AUS to deliver the items, so they can GTF in their demand for more

barrykellett
    Free Member

Quick update on this.

TNT wrote off the £15 fee fairly quickly after I put it to them that they were charging me for a service I didnt ask for… They finished with… "well the next time you use us you will have to pay it"

Whether it means its a shady business adding on random figures for an "admin charge" as they first described it as or not, it seems they dont want to chase the fee too hard. I had already submitted a cheque for the duty etc which I was always more than willing to do.

I'll be doing my best not to use them again!

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, well done on arguing the case with TNT. Maybe I should've done the same and pocketed some of the group-buy cash 😉

StirlingCrispin

The Ay Up website states:
    In the UK, TNT will charge £17.25 inclusive of VAT, other countries have different rates. All mail and courier services charge a similar fee and the amount varies for each service and country.

Seems a bit unreasonable. I've just had a battery fail after just 14 months of use and it's going to cost £40 for the battery and £40 for shipping and taxes. Not impressed – particularly as I bought the set when AyUp had a UK importer.

barrykellett
    Free Member

TNT are robbing bastards, plain and simple.
    They get paid for delivery and smack another charge back on top.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘AyUp Delivery… Import Duty and VAt query’ is closed to new replies.