Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Aylesbury, anything there?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Got a few days work in Aylesbury coming up, anything going on there in the evenings – good food places / pubs etc? Last time I went there was god knows how many years ago to see Bauhaus and don’t remember much.

Murray

Lots of students now so I assume lots of pubs. Aston Hill is just down the road as is the rest of The Chilterns.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My old school and the blue leanie. Unless either of them have fallen down.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Ducks …

timidwheeler

Ride at Aston Hill. Eat at the Oak in Aston Clinton.
    What sort of thing are you looking for?

zanelad
    Free Member

Try The Hop Pole in Bicester Road, opposite the VW garage, if you like real ale.

redstripe
    Free Member

Thanks for tips, not much time for bike rides sadly unless evening

northshoreniall

Pop in and say hi to my cousin? Sure they’ll be welcoming, maybe.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

Ducks, my School, somehow David Bowie, as said lots of pubs but no where to really eat mainly chains. Aston Clinton and Tring are well worth checking out for food. Aston Hill and Woburn Sands is worth an adventure, Wendover Woods is a waste of time and apparently there is stuff in Ashridge but IDK.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Aston Clinton local here. Wendover woods is definitely not a waste of time riding wise but granted, you need someone to show you where the trails are and a healthy disregard for footpath signs… Looks like you’re not riding though and if you were you’d be best hitting Aston Hill.
    Aylesbury is a bit shit but there are pubs aplenty, most of which you’d be best off avoiding. Second the Oak in AC.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some heroic folks in the market square, apparently.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

I’ll rollback my Wendover Woods comment, I live on its door step and it has some great single track and cheeky trails (especially the one near go-ape and the loam tracks) but when Aston Hill is also a stones throw away from me it’s hard to justify Wendover Woods.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Aylesbury, anything there?’ is closed to new replies.