Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • AY UP lights help!
  • dickydutch

Ive lost one of the rubber mounting bands that holds the light onto the bar mount. Ive checked the ay up website, but although they only want a quid or so for the band, it's 11 pound postage!
    Im hoping somone on here might be able to help me if they have a spare?! I'd be willing to pay for it obviously……..

Thanks in advance!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Did you not get 3 in your pack – I got the road kit and I have 3 for the helmet mount, and the two bar mounts I got in the kit – sorry I need all 3 for each bike and hemlet mount 😕

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Where are you dicky? Just before the UK dealer was stopped I got a couple of spare bits, think it included a band but will have to rummage, and not home right now. Am pretty sure a suitably sized o-ring with a bit of gaffer tape on the base of the mount would do it though.
    £11 postage seems steep though!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

True Foxy, I assumed that more than one had been lost, can't imagine someone would not unroll the whole kit and find the spares 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

How weird, I was just going to post something similar – was going to ask if anyone was ordering so they could add a rubber thingy to their order for me!
    (I didn't buy the kit btw, just parts off the classifieds)

deluded
    Free Member

I have a few spare for a Lupine bar mounted lamp. The ring is about 2" in diameter.

If that will do, mail my profile and I'll send it to you…free.

All the best.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

There you go, postage down to a fiver each already! Any more for any more?

Stoner
    Free Member

I could do with a gecko light to helmet mount and maybe a rubber or two if an order was going in.

can paypal funds.

Speshpaul

Try a engineering supplier (bearings that type of thing) they are normally just O rings. less than a quid normally for big ones.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Speshpaul- think o-rings would do with a bit of a bodge but they look like this

hence the wondering. Worth experimenting for a quid though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i need a few too, and a gecko helmet mount x2

we could all chip in i guess for post.

mail me if anyone thinks its a good idea. we could work something out im sure.

Clink

I could do with a few bits too if anyone was ordering….

wormhole

not sure what they look like but i have a few spares for fitting a diotte light to the bars, just a big ol o ring about the size of a livestrong yellow arm band!! sing out if you want one of those.

jim
    Free Member

If there's an order going I wouldn't mind adding a couple of bits I've been putting off due to the postage too.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Is that 6 of you already? Under 2 quid for postage already, one of you going to take the plunge and start a new thread for a group order?

dickydutch

Excellent! I was expecting to have to dig this post out of page 2 or 3 or whatever.
    Definitely up for group buy. If theres going to be group buy, I'd add a few more bits to the list! I love this site. 😀

dickydutch

Foxy – I did get three but Ive lost one and dont want to have to take them off my other bike every time it comes to changing. Ive persevered so far but it becomes a right pain in the arse! 😕
    I found one as well ages ago, but lost that as well!! Wish they were tighter on the plastic mount!

dickydutch

Tracker – Sorry, I'm in Newcastle during the day and Sunderland other times!

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Who's going to take on a 'Group buy' from Ay-Up thread then?
    I need some bits too.
    I'm not organised enough to take it on myself. 😀

swampi
    Free Member

i was also going to order a few bits, the postage was £12 and dont forget there is also the rip off tnt/dhl fee they charge which is £15

BlingBling
    Free Member

I'm in for sure I want 2 Gecko helmet mounts 😀

Might as well get 2 of those bands too.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

dicky-miles away then 🙂
    swampi-what tnt/dhl fee? Is that what they charge for the duty, or sorting the duty?

swampi
    Free Member

when i checked the site the other week their prices for uk where inclusive of our tax,vat and it added the tnt fee of £15 but the site seems to have changed again and they have gone back to the old way:
    http://www.ayup-lights.com/shipping-and-warranty/international/?cross_domain_login=16315|v7l7c97c

note the 'clearance fees' which i think will be their rip off £15

psychle
    Free Member

I need some as well… how are we organising this? 🙂

swampi
    Free Member

i am happy to sort it out if people email me etc

mr_stru

I'd be interested in this as well as I fancy a gecko mount.

spooky_b329

I was thinking about this last week, would want either one or two gecko mounts and those clever saxon caps.

I heard talk of a recent thread where customs got interested due to the value of a group buy purchase…anyone know of it or the outcome?

iainc

I have got spare : 4 rubber mounting bands and one bar mount (c/w a rubber mounting band) – all new and unused.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘AY UP lights help!’ is closed to new replies.