Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AWOL owners – which guards?
  • RustySpanner

Wondering if a pair of SKS P50’s would fit?

If not, all other suggestions welcome.

Interested in what’s the largest tyre you’re squeezing under too?
    Wife’s bike has arrived with Borough 45’s, which are fine, but it looks like they’d be a tight squeeze with any guards tbh.

Thanks in advance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gilles Berthoud.

Available in 700×50. Or 700×60 even

steezysix
    Free Member

53mm SKS Blumels on mine with 42mm triggers underneath. I’ve the Comp model with the adjustable dropouts but run them all the way forward. No problems with clearance. If you’re putting on MTB tyres I wouldn’t go bigger than about 1.9″ depending on the tread pattern.

amedias
    Free Member

Fitted the big blumels to begin with but coverage wasnt great and they were very flexy, they were cheap though!

Had PDW on there for over a year now rock solid good coverage but wouldn’t buy them at full price only if on offer. If I had to replace them now it would be Gilles Berthoud or Velo Orange if you must have black…

I reckon 42mm is easy with loads of room whatever guards you fit, 45mm fine if fitted well.

steezysix
    Free Member

Forgot to say, the Blumels don’t have a flap on the front which isn’t ideal. I made my own from an old bit of lino and it worked well. Didn’t notice them flexing but I haven’t tried any stiffer guards to compare.

martinh
    Free Member

I went with the Velo Orange 52mm Zeppelins. Running Kenda Flintridge 40cs which are much bigger than that. I’m guessing they’re near 44 now they’ve filled out a little

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘AWOL owners – which guards?’ is closed to new replies.