Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Awful lot of Reverb posts…
  • JefWachowchow
    Free Member

On here this week. Could it be the change in the weather that effects the posts or the riders digging bikes out for their first spring dust off?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Are there? I’m after a good second-hand one, 4″ drop, 31.6 if anyone’s got one?! Must have missed them in the classifieds I’ll have a look back through…

rascal
    Free Member

Beautiful misinterpretation there…

davosaurusrex

Awful, awful lot of them have been sold. Mine is two and a half years old, ridden all year, gets a wipe and a spray of juice lube every time it’s been used and it’s been faultless.

poah
    Free Member

Are there? I’m after a good second-hand one, 4″ drop, 31.6 if anyone’s got one?! Must have missed them in the classifieds I’ll have a look back through…

I’d sell you mine if I could afford the extra needed to get a 125mm one

wilko1999
    Free Member

Oh I see as in lots of posts about problems with Reverbs. I read it the way that suited my requirements 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Sorry, a bit vague admittedly. There just seem to be a lot that are sagging when weighted, in need of bleed on here this week.

danoodog
    Free Member

Wilko I have a 31.6 380mm with 125mm drop for sale if your interested, very good condition

wilko1999
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer but my frame size/leg length combination won’t allow anything more than a 4″ drop I’m afraid

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Danoodog – how much?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

lots of posts about problems with Reverbs. I read it the way that suited my requirements

I tend to read these posts in ways that also suit my requirements. In that, I need to find excuses not to buy a Reverb and these sorts of posts re-affirm my belief that it would just be one more faffing stupid complicated thing to have to keep faffing about with pre-, during- and post-ride.

That said, if someone were to chuck me 30.9 one for the price of a few biscuits, I wouldn’t say no.. 😉

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I love my reverb. Yes it has needed to be bled a couple of times. Mainly because I hung the bike up by the saddle with the post dropped so only have myself to blame.

I would go back to fully rigid and cantilever brakes well before I got rid of my dropper. Not single speed though, that’s just nuts.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

funny how these things go, when after a 31.6mm all I kept seeing were 30.9mm now that I managed to get one there are quite a few 31,6mm for sale on PB

Wiko saw a 31.6mm 100mm drop on there as well

wilko1999
    Free Member

So there is, thanks for that. Although I’ve just seen some KS Levs on the German sites brand new for around £180, I think I may just go for one of those now!

jsync

I have a good working order 355mm, 100mm drop 30.9 one that I will be selling when I get round to fitting the stealth….

wilko1999
    Free Member

That might work at the right price, I have a 30.9 to 31.6 sleeve. How much will you be thinking of?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Bloomin’ hijack city here. There was me expecting a nice cosy speculative chat about the reasons for reverbs seemingly all going wrong at once while sat in the shed and its turned into a ruddy market stall!

How much do you reckon I could get for my mates 1998 Apollo Accomodator? It’s got a new headset in it and everything.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

😀

Jef to get back on topic – can’t say much on it, touch wood been using mine (picked up 2nd hand from her about two years ago without any issue other managing to snag the lever on my shorts) year round.

main issue I believe is the sag which is an air gap in the damper.

I’m careful not to pick the bike up by the nose of the seat when the post is down.

danoodog
    Free Member

Blisterman £100

andysmiff1
    Free Member

One of my reverbs has the 10mm sag issue.

Fixable at home? Anyone done it before?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Roll up roll up get your Reverb here 😀

Sorry Jef, my fault for misinterpreting your (slightly ambiguous) original post 😀

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

KS Levs on the German sites brand new for around £180

Oh dear… just seen those now. *have buying hunger* This thread may have cost me £180… 😕

droppinneutron
    Free Member

my reverb stealth did that 10mm sag thing – sent it back under warranty and got a brand new one in the box within a week! air seal gone apparently, caused by storing in the down position

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Andy, get in the LBS for a bleed. I got the bleed kit with my post but my time is too precious now with a young family to mess around. What was shed time and bike time has reduced so much that I have to bargain for bike time.
    It takes my guy (Sam at Crank Cycles in Alton, well worth a plug this guy) about an hour. Drop post in shop, take boy to park, get text to collect before he’s bored of the slide, sweet. Post fixed + browny points and quality boy time.

I was just curious why all the saggy post posts all came this week. It’s an epidemic I tells ya!

Maybe one or 2 issues have sparked everyone to go and inspect their own seat posts to find they all need a bleed?

zero-cool
    Free Member

They are probably the most popular and prolific adjustable seat post so there’s bound to be more posts about them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They are probably the most popular and prolific adjustable seat post so there’s bound to be more posts about them.

This.

I don’t know anyone with a KS, could name a dozen or more folk with a reverb.

Northwind

The bleeding is actually a piece of piss, way easier than brakes…

It’s crash damage that makes the Reverb a worse option than the others imo, all the quality manufacturers have decent reliability now but nobody else has a delicate lever that costs half as much as the post to fix, and that leaves the seatpost stuck if anything goes wrong. But mine is alright.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I get that. I guess being an ex service engineer and a technical support bod (proper toys not computers) I look for patterns in failure modes in anything and feel the need to flag it up when I see the pattern

thegreatape
    Free Member

Crikey OP. You’ve gone to a lot of effort to register all those usernames just to flog a load of Reverb’s 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I got piles of them around the back. They all exist honest.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ll take three. PayPal gift ok?

Trekster

Awful lot of Reverb posts…

`cause they would appear to be rubbish 😥

nobeerinthefridge..I don’t know anyone with a KS

Me…..
    Know some Reverb owners who are awaiting their warranty replacemants who are replacing them with A KS and ebaying their Reverbs. They reckon if my KS can cope with my clumsy 15st then its the post to have 😕

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Paypal gift will do just fine.

They’re not rubbish at all though. They’re proper useful bits of kit that warrant a little care and attention now and again to keep them sweet. A bit like a lot of things in life.

My KS i7 is shot and needs to be sent back to the distributor for a sealed unit to be replaced at £70. Compared to that the occasional bleed on a reverb is a gift.

docrobster
    Free Member

This thread reminded me to ring James’s about my reverb that I dropped in on Sunday. 13 months old and developed the air leak/squishy at the top problem last weekend. New one on the way under warranty

ononeorange

Mine started sagging significantly a few weeks back when weighted, off to TF Tuned and the insides were pretty knacked, which was annoying. Our especially gooey mud had got in.

Got the parts back for spares and a replacement for £165 from Germany. Might wait until it dries out before fitting…..lesson learned.

blisterman1962
    Free Member

danoodog, can you please send some pics to me? mauricegroome AT hotmail.com.

I have dropped you an email as well. Cheers.

Northwind

Jef Wachowchow – Member

My KS i7 is shot and needs to be sent back to the distributor for a sealed unit to be replaced at £70.

If the Reverb ever needs any work, it’s not going to be £70.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Awful lot of Reverb posts…’ is closed to new replies.