Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Awesome track! Nicolai Helius AM Video Content
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

As it’s Friday and I still can’t ride!

[video]http://vimeo.com/16619131[/video]

composite
    Free Member

Nice PJs!

GregMay
    Free Member

Wowsa…way above my ability anyway.

wobbem
    Free Member

I would not enjoy any of that.

DrP

Ooh – I Lurve tracks like that!

That’s going on the bucket list!

DrP

plyphon
    Free Member

Wow. Those trails look fantastic but those rocks look simply hilarious. I would not be able to ride those at the start in a million years!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

That looks great fun!

I like stuff like that. The wooded bit reminds me of the first half of Nant Gwrtheyrn.

geetee1972
    Free Member

To all of you saying you couldn’t ride rocks like that, I say tosh!

I am pretty sure you could with a bit of coaching. Rocks aren’t that hard.

Roots on the other hand……

Bagstard
    Free Member

Looks good, but the pyjamas make me cringe a bit.

rockfield
    Free Member

That looks awesome! That bit where he hits the jump, lands and rails straight round the turn is superb. Almost makes me want to go out and ride in the pouring rain & hail that we have here at the moment..

bwaarp
    Free Member

Nice riding. What’s the trail? That’s my favourite kind of ride, old school! 😀 None of this smooth, flowing bermy crap! Off camber wet roots, mud, rocks etc oh yeah!

Lay off the storm-trooper gear unless your racing though.

freeridenick
    Free Member

the boy can ride…

love tech trails like that 8)

big_scot_nanny

It looks a bit like they started to create the trail, then thought ‘nah, bugger it’ and left it.

Talk about commitment! Those are the kind of sections that I either:
    1) barrel and ping pong down, get to bottom and think how the **** did I manage that
    2) bottle it near to top and slowly OTB on the first big rock or root whilst going too slowly

Commitment.

Thanks for sharing.

Kev

freeridenick
    Free Member

GT, just noticed you spangled yourself on Nothing special! funny how the easy bits come and bite you!

devs
    Free Member

Frank “Schneidi” Schneider auf dem DH Racetrack in Braunlage.

Wherever Braunlage is, I’ve never heard of it. It looks like round here but isn’t obviously. 🙂

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Yep, the boy can ride. S’ppose it’s all about momentum, commitment and trusting what you and the bike are doing through the big rock sections.

Glad to see it’s not always sunny and dusty in Europe 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Love the look of that trail. Would love to try and ride something like that. Rock riding is great fun but it isn’t easy to find in the midlands. Need to get up to the Peak more and find some steep techy rocky stuff.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice interlude between meetings that, ta.

Nice riding, that bike.. Wheels too small.

geetee1972
    Free Member

GT, just noticed you spangled yourself on Nothing special! funny how the easy bits come and bite you!

More like ‘funny how you crash when you’re clearly riding way over your limit in order to get a KOM on Strava’ 😀

But yeah, the easy bits; wasn’t even a turn I spangled myself on. It was the straight bit! Honestly still not sure how it happened. I know I was braking for the turn at the bottom (doing almost 20mph) and something snatched the front wheel and bars out of my hand. I went down pretty hard, clearly and here I am, typing with my right hand in a cradle.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I thought you meant the wheelie drop into the car park 😛

But yes that bottom turn is quite loose when flat out..and on a strava hot lap 😛

better luck next time. I still got 5 seconds on you 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

Why don’t holiday apartments have decent interweb connections when you want it?

geetee1972
    Free Member

better luck next time. I still got 5 seconds on you

You see its comments like that that end up with people getting hurt 😀

I’ve only ridden that trail once before and it was in the dark so you better have five seconds 😉

Anyway, it’s time to start slowing it down a little. I really (really) can’t afford the cost of good will in my marriage to break myself any more.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ahhh you got that from my mtbr post didn’t you! cracking vid.

freeridenick
    Free Member

strava wind ups are the best. 😆

“GT last spotted on a track walk/inspection of nothing special (carrying the baby in a sling)”

messiah
    Free Member

I love watching Schneidi… proper smooth almost effortless looking style… which is clearly effin fast!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Awesome track! Nicolai Helius AM Video Content’ is closed to new replies.