Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Awesome California Trip….with a few pics
  • Sancho
    Free Member

cool, I did virtually the exact same trip in 99.

awesome stuff

mimi123
    Free Member

awesom – v jealous! your pics are just fantastic – the home of mountain biking eh! one day….

Out of interest how mich did the rv cost to rent ?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Out of interest how mich did the rv cost to rent ?

All in for 18 days with 1500 miles, personal kits, provision kits, gas, generator, dumping & insurances – £1156

forgotmename
    Free Member

Wow that does look great, and i think you should send a story to the mags, who wouldnt want to see such an inspirational story, thanks for sharing, i think you have a planted a forest full of seeds with this. Looking forward to seeing the vid too.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Looks like a great trip. I rode the Flume Trail as a loop.

Flume Trail

Armstrong Trail

Christmas Trail

marsdenman
    Free Member

😯
    Not only do you go and meet and ride with a legend (well, two!) but he then goes and writes your ride report for you! The stuff of dreams, sir!
    Envious – moi? 😉

Bunnyhop

Ooooh looking forward to the video clips now.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Awesome. Lucky swine.

cheers_drive

WOW!
    Amazing trip, really must do something like this soon. Just hope that I don’t need to end up on crutches in order to plan it 😉

lowey

That

is

brilliant!!

Dead Jealous.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Really good thread, love the photos, looks great !!!! 😛

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Checking in late again from the Pacific Time Zone so I can bump ltheisinger’s story. The only other STW member I have met in person would be McMoonter, who posted his own photos above. I rescued him a couple of years ago as he wandered lost and thirsty and five long minutes from beer on Mount Tamalpais.

I can’t think of any other riders who took on such a fine MTB adventure. Sometimes I think every possible mountain bike tale has been spun, and I’m hearing them for the third time, but this is an original story well worth ltheisinger and his mate getting paid to write it up and send it in.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Charlie, There seems to be a rescue pattern to my US trips. I’m just back from the San Juans. On a trip to Orcas Island we underestimated the return trip time from Mt Constitution and a swim in the mountain lake to catch the ferry back to Shaw Island. My girlfriend made up a notice while we ate Burritos, some super kind folks from Body Board Blade a Kayaking company on the island gave us a ride to catch the boat.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

so what, i’m off piste at cannock tomorrow. 🙄

just kidding, that looks ace 😉

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Trying to work out how to put the video on! 😕 this is the Repack one…. Hopefully??

EDIT: Nope – I’ll keep trying?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Try again….

[video]http://vimeo.com/15482723[/video]

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Videos of Downieville, Tahoe, Mammoth, Laguna Niguel & Santa Cruz to follow – but they take flipping ages!

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Good job! I passed the camera twice, once near the top, and then after I had to stop to put my chain back on. You can see Joe off his bike taking a photo, and then passing the camera. After putting his camera away, Joe got back on his bike and had very nearly caught me at the bottom.

Unfortunately the camera does not give a good impression of how steep the hill is, but the average grade over the length is about 14%, which means some parts are steeper than that.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks Charlie! The HD version is now on YouTube if you want to take a look at that? Much better quality!

You Tube HD Video

Kevevs
    Free Member

That looks truly ace! JEALOUS!

lardman
    Free Member

Hey Itheisinger…

glad you had a great time in Northern Cal, it’s ace eh! I replied to your thread last year, when you were canvassing opinion on your trips and possible destinations. You seemed to have gone to all the places i recommended and looks like you had a blast.

Glad i could help out with a destination or two, and along with Mr Kelly and Co: looks like it was fun.

Ain’t Downeiville great eh!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

awesome

ltheisinger
    Free Member

lardman – Member

Hey Itheisinger…

glad you had a great time in Northern Cal, it’s ace eh! I replied to your thread last year, when you were canvassing opinion on your trips and possible destinations. You seemed to have gone to all the places i recommended and looks like you had a blast.

Glad i could help out with a destination or two, and along with Mr Kelly and Co: looks like it was fun.

Ain’t Downeiville great eh!

Hey buddy – Yep we had a fantastic time in California, especially the North! I remember your posts and the pics (the pics you posted just made it VERY difficult to wait!). My three Favorite rides have to be Tamarancho/ Repack with Charlie & Joe, Downieville & Mammoth.

I am already thinking about the next time I can go and believe me I WILL be going again, but now I know the area a bit better I will plan slightly different, to allow more time in the areas I REALLY enjoyed this time!

Thanks again buddy and cheers for posting on this one too!

lardman
    Free Member

well, there’s plenty more places i can direct you to, for when u go again.
    cheers

lardman
    Free Member

well, there’s plenty more places i can direct you to, for when u go again.

I know a great route that takes you from the center of San Fran right over Mt Tamalpais, down to beautiful white sandy beach (and pub) then back over on singletrack to Golden Gate bridge… and back to SF. All off road, and at least half singletrack (mostly legit)

Plus lots more round the bay area.

cheers

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Awesome California Trip….with a few pics’ is closed to new replies.