Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Awesome article, in … Collectors Weekly!
  • bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Surprised nobody’s already posted this.. A great write-up of Californian (and Coloradoan) mountain biking in the 70’s.. Get yer denim on!

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/the-hippie-daredevils-who-were-just-crazy-enough-to-invent-mountain-biking/

DezB
    Free Member

Good stuff. Will have a proper read at home later.
    Noticed this: “On September 17, Velo Press will publish Charlie Kelly’s much-anticipated history of Repack and the birth of mountain biking titled “Fat Tire Flyer.”
    Could be worth a purchase. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Repack-Rider will like that and Im sure have comments to make. He may see his name up in lights.

DezB
    Free Member

Repack-Rider = Charlie Kelly?

ourmaninthenorth

Repack-Rider = Charlie Kelly?

Yup.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

I would have picked up on this sooner, but I just got back from the big bicycle trade show, where I saw the first copies of my book.

It is more beautiful than I could have hoped. My publishers really delivered.

We had about 200 copies at the trade show. We had to give away some to luminaries, but we sold about 160 to lucky people who queued up around the block as I signed copies along with the guys I shared this incredible adventure with: Gary Fisher, Tom Ritchey and Joe Breeze. These will be collector’s items. It is extremely unlikely that this crew will be assembled again for such a task. Tom Ritchey especially hates public appearances, but he came through for me with two hours of his time.

Some walked up with armloads of books. The people at the end of the line who didn’t get one were beyond disappointed, but what can you do?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Awesome article, in … Collectors Weekly!’ is closed to new replies.