Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • avtrackworld.com – telly and sound system…
  • garage-dweller

Building work finally done at home and the existing crap tv has been relegated to the new family room along with the stereo where the kids can continue to cover them in marmite and filth.

This means the grown ups can have a new tv,blu-ray player and hi Fi for the lounge for watching movies and music listening.

Shopping list:
    32″ Tv that’s 1080p friendly
    Blu ray player
    Some decent sound system to back up the above. 2 speaker (or 2+sub). it really only needs to handle cds (and possibly mp3/ipod) in addition to the blu ray/tv. Not even fussed about a radio. This is leading me towards amp+Cd+speakers.

My big issue is I have mild hearing loss/poor hearing for a man in his prime mid 30s and it is the.mid range/ upper mid range that is poor so basically around speech/vocal frequencies so something that produces good sound in this range will hopefully make a big difference to me.

The other problem is budget as we’ve spent a fortune on the build. I would like to keep the lot around £750 but I might get away with going a little north.

Years since we bought stuff of this sort so what should I be looking at?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You can get really good full HD 32″ TVs for a few hundred quid. You also don’t need to spend a lot on a BR player – you won’t get better picture quality, so about £120 if that for a Panasonic or some other premium brand. If you get the same make as your tv then you can use the tv remote. You’re biggest challenge is sound quality. No tv at any price has decent sound quality. For this reason you might want to consider an integrated 2.1 home cinema system (assuming you don’t want surround sound) or a sound bar setup with a sub woofer. Yes, you get extra speakers and associated wiring, but sound will be far superior to the TV’s speakers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do they still make TV’s that small?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘avtrackworld.com – telly and sound system…’ is closed to new replies.