Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Avoiding Ryanair booking fees- prepaid Mastercard?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Anyone done this?
    http://www.avoidryanairfees.co.uk/prepaidmastercard/

Anyone used FairFX for the card? All legit?

Ta, Duane 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Do they not still charge you a fiver each for admin fees then? We thought we’d got cheap flights till all the extra shite was added in!!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Used a Fair fx card on my ride down the west coast. no real problems apart from a few hiccups in Canada. Apart from that it worked in every ATM and bought my ticket home with it as well.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Avoid them by booking with a different airline?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection!

I’ve had a look at those links Ryanairfees and it seems you charge 3% for using your card in GBP. Maybe not as cheap as you imply.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Got a fairfx card, works fine.

giorge
    Free Member

Fairfx here as well.

£Card for Ryanair.
    Euro for spending abroad (petrol, food etc).

No problems whatsoever.

Cougar
    andyl
    Free Member

Bout time.

Also +1 for book with another airline.

Ryanair (or their boss did anyway) showed their true colours in their response to the Iceland volcano..

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at those links Ryanairfees and it seems you charge 3% for using your card

3% of 40 quid is a lot less than 4 x 5 quid for two returns.

Rich
    Free Member

From memory I think it’s more like 1.5% with the Fairfx Anywhere card.

Cougar

Ryanair (or their boss did anyway) showed their true colours

I don’t think their true colours have ever been ambiguous. Michael O’Leary is a Grade One bastard, and seems to be proud of the fact. On principles alone I’d rather cancel a trip than fly Ryanair.

andyl
    Free Member

^ true.

and I agree.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Plus one for the vote with your feet brigade. Personally I got tucked up on a Ryanair flight, and thus my simple logic dictates that I shall not fly with them again, and I won’t be anytime soon. Its not difficult, there are plenty of other options, and what you get is often surprisingly good by comparision.

chewkw
    Free Member

HHmmm … I need to apply for the FairFX card then as I plan to fly cheap for weekend outings … 😆

Well, O’Leary needs to ensure the company makes money otherwise it will go down as like a tonne of rock as simple as that, so obviously he will try many ways to earn it by remaining fair i.e. as per advertise but please read small print carefully or you will be caught out or sticking to the minimum legal requirements.

Never flown with them so it might be a first or last for me. Plenty of alternative anyway.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Depends where you’re flying as to whether there are plenty of alternatives.

Ryanair is really our only option. We’ve never had any problems anyway, last time we flew we even managed to take a bag that weighed 15.6k with no extra charge. The fairfx card reduces the overall ticket price by at least 30% for us

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Avoiding Ryanair booking fees- prepaid Mastercard?’ is closed to new replies.